Painting Depth Control

I made a similar post before, but am getting even “worse” results as of lately. My first few projects painting sunken/engraved text had it going 4 layers deep, so 2 unnecessary filament changes.

My latest design, a little 50mmx50mm heart with two engraved letters, I paint the letters and it won’t do any less than TEN layers deep with the color, so that’s 11 filament changes when I just want 2, and there is no way to change this. This almost triples the print time of this little trinket.

I then tried to load a text-less part and use the text feature in BS, but now it only does 1 layer of color, this is gold on dark blue so 1 layer isn’t enough and you can see the holes between the lines, so I’d need 2…but again, no control over that.

They really should add control over this.

1 Like

Also, and this might be 100% user error, I am noticed you can’t make color text that is flush with the surface. I am trying every combination of thickness, embedded depth, and part/negative part I can, but when I make it flush by doing 0.16 thickness, (for 2 layers of 0.08), 0 embedded depth, and negative part, the text just disappears and won’t show on the sliced model or in the preview tab so I can paint it. If I paint it and then change it to Negative part, it still disappears after slicing.