Panda Revo - what a bunch of

In-depth review, I tend to agree with the video creator, worth it for the ease of use, installed mine within 5 minutes or so, prints great.

Can “regular” revo nozzles be installed on the Panda Revo?

For instance, could these e3d obsidian rapid change nozzles be put into the Panda Revo, or is Panda Revo somehow a weird, incompatible variant?

I thought part of the appeal was the universality of it, but I guess I really do need to confirm that assumption.

Other revo nozzles are compatible

1 Like

The Panda Revo specs say it can go to 300C (same as the X1C), but I wonder whether that isn’t just an X1C firmware limitation? i.e. it is being spoofed by the Panda Revo into thinking it’s just a regular X1C hotend? As a non-sanctioned product, I’m assuming that’s the only way it can workaround BBL’s walled garden.

The X1E’s hotend, by contrast, can go to 320C, and it’s either that and/or its heated chamber which allows it to print some engineering plastics that the X1C isn’t rated for.

Here’s the rub: regular Revo can apparently support going up to even 500C, and up to 400C with high accuracy (whatever that means). So why tf is the Panda Revo on the X1C so crippled by comparison? If it’s the X1C firmware, as I suspect, then maybe this is an area where the alternate non-BBL firmware can save the day and prove itself to be vitally useful?

That’s an interesting question. It will generally be interesting what options the X1Plus firmware will get now that it has been released.

BTW: I’ve ordered the Panda Jet from a local supplier and it has already been shipped. Will be interesting to see if it indeed improves bridging and overhangs.

2 Likes

I would expect the nozzle can take the temp (likely even the stock nozzle), but the X1/P1 heater (and maybe the power supply) can’t handle those temps. The firmware would definitely be the bottleneck to even trying because there would need to be a significant amount of PID tuning and parameter updates, and as we know, Bambu is not OK with modifications. Not sure if X1Plus allows PID tuning, but you would need a more power for the heater to keep up with extrusion at the higher temps.

1 Like

I’m having same problem - struggling to get screw through - left one to be precise, in the end managed to get this mounted on X1C but took me good hoyr to figure out how to get it mounted. What drill diameter you used to drill that hole as I’ve seen that both screws were rubbing against bottom part of those holes.
on the other hand P1P was 2 min job…

I think 1/8 inch would be the right one, but I didn’t have one.

In the end I used an M3 drill to shave off just enough material to get the screw through. Not ideal obviously, but it worked.

I got a response from their tech support on Friday, asking for details. So almost 2 weeks later and not much help at all.

One can just hope that you never need to replace the heater core.

1 Like

I liked the video insofar as the conclusion for me was that for the price and the little gain in flow rate, it’s not worth it for me. I’ll just keep replacing my original Bambulab Hotends - it only takes 2-3 minutes.

Hi, i had the same problems here. Paid a lot of money, waiting a log time for the hotend and now i can’t mount it, because the holes are too far down. What a big pile of sh**.

I took a needle file and carefully ‘extended’ the holes upwards.

I don’t think there’s any sense in contacting BIQU - I can’t imagine that it will do any good, they already have my money. I’m here in Europe and they’re in China.

Save your money and don’t buy this hotend!

That sounds even worse than what happened to the OP.

My only prior experience with BTT was some boards that converted regular stepper motors into closed loop stepper motors by means of magnetic encoders, and on at least that particular version, they hadn’t done a very good job of it. Into the trash they went, and I just wrote it off as a total loss. From the sounds of it here, their QC never got better. I ended up switching to a danish company’s product, which worked out fine.

After modifying the holes, I was at least able to screw the hotend on - but that shouldn’t be necessary at all.
I’ll do some testing over the next few days.

BIQU support is terrible. But if enough people complain, maybe they’ll do something which might help future buyers.

I just wish E3D would have produced the whole hotend themselves. In the end they’re making all the vital components anyway.

Yeah, I contacted the support, but I don’t expect much.

I had the High Flow ObXidian HotEnd from E3D too, but I’m not happy with it. The upper layer simply looks bad, my MK4 prints much better than my X1C.

Same issue here… I will try to fix it by myself, but will contact support anyway

If you have one, take a needle file and carefully extend the holes upwards.

I HAD one but they didn’t even solder the wires together and it was useless as soon as I got it. They wanted me to resolder those for them. For $130 paid. Iits a big pile of trash.
I also saw they don’t have it on Amazon right now, I bet they took it off because they knew it was a dumpster fire of a product.

1 Like

Don’t, just make them replace it, for the price of this thing it needs to come working.

I have written back and forth with support for a long time and they want to send me a new radiator. I can’t wait to see what I get :smiley: