Pausing and resuming a print for no reason

I’m printing a pretty simple box which should take 160 minutes and has 220 layers. It was now on layer 96 and just paused, cut the filament, retracted it into AMS, only to load it again and continue printing. No message, no reason given…
I see nothing in gcode or slicer that should trigger this.
I have never seen this before, maybe something related to new firmware?

And it just did the same exact thing on layer 115, but this time there was a message about “AMS assist motor overloaded”. Yeah, this spool doesn’t exactly fit and I had to help it retract, so did it clear itself the first time?

On that note, was thinking about getting a second AMS, but half the spools I get have problems. Give me AMSv2 with larger clearances and I’ll be the first one ordering it!

Better than larger clearances, make the width adjustable. I have some 1/2kg spools that are too narrow to hit the rolling bearings in the AMS. Be nice if it was just a rod of small rollers and you could slide the dividers to the appropriate width.

Completely agree. I have so many spools i can’t use in the AMS, i don’t understand why they haven’t made more research on the width needed.

1 Like

They want us to buy their filament. Which I completely understand.
Too bad they aren’t actually able to sell us any as it’s been completely out of stock :person_facepalming:t2: