PETG and PLA not adhering Textured PEI Plate

I have been experiencing some pretty extreme first layer adhesion issues. Sometimes, my filament does not even stick to the build plate (printing on a P1S with the textured PEI build plate). The filament will occasionally just blob up and get dragged around by the nozzle.

My prints were going fine last Friday, and I came back to printing today (Monday) and now nothing is adhering. My PETG and PLA both seem to fail in equal manners (the dark green is Bambu matte PLA, and the white is Bambu basic PETG.)
IMG_5803.thumbnail
I have been doing a lot of reading on the bambu forums and Reddit, and I found examples of people experiencing the same issue, but I have yet to find a solution. I swapped out the stock 0.4 mm nozzle for a hardened steel 0.4 mm bambu nozzle, but that didn’t change anything. I scrubbed the build plate with warm soapy water, and then proceeded to wipe it down with isopropyl alcohol, but that didn’t work, either. I tried to perform a flow dynamics calibration, but only one of the layer lines actually adhered to the build plate, and the rest just stuck to the nozzle and formed a blob.

I really have no idea why this would happen after the printer was working just fine a few days ago. I checked my humidity levels to see if where I live experienced any major changes… but humidity levels seem to be the same, and I keep my filament in the AMS, so I don’t know how the moisture level of the filament could change so quickly. I opened a brand new spool of filament just to be sure, and the performance appears to be a bit better, but still very, very poor around the edges. The layers are so easily getting pulled up by the toolhead.

If anyone has experienced this before and found a solution and/or has any advice, I would appreciate it.

I have the same happening. The surface of the plate stops working properly at some point. I read somewhere after about 30 prints. At first baking the plate helped but now that does not help anymore. I guess buying an new plate would do the trick.
For the cool plate I use 800 grit sanding paper. That works great. But with a textured plate that does not work, Maybe very fine steel wool would work. Ill try that one next.

I have the same issue now. :frowning:

Round about 30 prints into a new P1S printer.

Try to clean it with soap water. If this not help, try Isoprophyl alcohol mixed with water. And at least use a little bit of hair spray on the plate before print. :slight_smile:

Ok steel wool did not work for the textured print plate.
In this thread: https://forum.bambulab.com/t/help-pla-warping-nothing-helps/4517/36
I read about using 3d Lac. I did it and it worked very nice.
MitchNC wrote about increasing the bed temp from 55 to 60. I’m running a print now with that setting. It looks like it works.
I’m printing a box of 9.5x9.5x1.7 on the far right corner of the machine. With a 5mm brim.
In between prints I wipe down the plate with a medical non lint 70% IPA wipe.
These are the tests:
First print sanded cool plate, works like a charm (I only sand the plate when stickiness fails, then wipe with medical IPA pad.)
Second print textured plate, Failed. in the first layer
Third print textured plate after very fine steel wool scrub down and wiping with IPA. Failed. In the first layer.
Fourth print after using 3d Lac. Worked great and wiped model surface afterwards with IPA, it had some 3d Lac on it.
Fifth print textured plate no lac increased bed temp to 60C from the standard 55C. That worked ok, but 3d lac had better stickiness.
I did al these prints with bambu pla-cf black.

FROM THIS THREAD:

Here is my first report - before the arrival of cleaning utensils:

• moved to a cooler room, with a more stable surface
  • factory reset on the printer after the firmware update
  • deleted the local preset files on my computer
  • re-installed Bambu Studio, denying the restoration of presets from the cloud
  • flipped the PEI plate.

(Before that I had cleaned the nozzle while stationary and at 250° to get the residue plastic off the tip and did a cold-push tip cleaning. But extrusion seemed smooth before, that did not seem to be the issue)

Unfortunately I did all at the same time, so I don’t know which one did what.
BUT so far the first 142 layers have gone down perfectly again.

UPDATE: print seems to be going halfway through, but there is some warping on one edge.

I’m printing PETG with at least 70°C on Textured PEI plate. With the XPETG from extrudr I had some warping, which was gone after rising the bed temperature up to 80°C.