PETG-CF and health concerns

I love Bambu’s PETG-CF filament. Prints are amazing. I am printing in house and do not have any special industrial ventilation besides opening window and air purifier (HEPA+carbon filter). I have noticed that I was coughing and I could feel some material stuck in my lungs (until I cough it out). This was ongoing for some time, several weeks, then I decided to make a test and I suddenly stopped printing PETG-CF. The cough went away. Anyone else noticed anything like that?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I sometimes open printer’s door or lid to decrease chamber temp when it gets too high. So the printer’s filtration system is rendered useless in that case. I yet need to test if it affects me, if I keep it closed at all times.

1 Like

you are right…the Filter system is useless…if you need it most with ABS, ASA and other high temp materials its shut off because of chamber temp…best would be to install a filtration element that works all time like the nevermore filter from the Voron project.

I printed PAHT-CF only once , but since my findings for the other materials and heath issues i got . I realized that have been doing the same thing with ABS and checked a bit how the carbon filter works and the chamber fan on the X1C , so practically it does not for most material will print with chamber fan off and the fumes/other particles will not go through the carbon filter Some suggestions to have it 10% on all the time but that may or may not work for some materials. So the one i liked most is in:

Create a printer profile and add at end of Machine End G-Code:
; ABS Air filtering
M106 P3 S255 ; turn chamber fan 100%
G4 S300 ; wait 5 minutes
M106 P3 S0 ; turn chamber fan off
Just remember to wait the 5 Min or more:)

That should sort filtering of XXX-CF materials or at least big chunk , also now i found some other people appending a HEPA and bigger filters
The idea i liked is here: