PETG-CF feedback (spoiler, its good)

I got a roll of black PETG-CF, I can’t emphasis enough how impressed I am, like PETG, but matt black and no stringing or surface defects. So if you haven’t tried it, give it a whirl.

On the commercial side, would be nice to include a membership pricing for this one, and also, 2-4 working days delivery in the UK is not that fast, at least with eSun on amazon, I can see the spool, and order one for next day delivery and have no interrupted printing, with 2-4 days on Bambu labs, I need to really stock a spare and be very disciplined, which sounds obvious, but then reality hits.

But overall, great product.
Darren

@Darren_Lynch you have one of the BEST filament stores in your country;

I am not sure why you would still want to buy from Bambu ghehe (just respool with a pastamatic?) :smiley:

Forgot to mention; They have a list of AMS compatible spools if you scroll down.
Then you don’t even need to respool. Personally I’m quite smitten with the Azurefilm stuff.

It’s funny how different people look for different features… PETG-CF is one of the most disappointing filaments for me 'cause I was expecting it to be stiffer and stronger than basic PETG and it’s not. It may print more nicely but I don’t have problems with PETG and when I want matte I use ASA, which comes in many colors (e.g. Polymaker). But, to each their own :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the comment @LagoaLabs i have used them a lot for sure, tbh i was a bit nervous the way things go in and out of stock (I have the same concern with Bambu admittedly) so one week I could get something, the next they said they don’t have it we recommend this as a fall back etc, you not get the same issue? I liked that I don’t really have to tune the Bambu labs filament, I’m getting lazy these days :wink:

Yer I get it, but I work in the same room as my printer, and asa gets a bit, headache-ie right? At least the CF fibres just kill me slowly.

Haha yeah it’ll increase impact resistance, at most, 10% and that is it. You buy it for looking good but then you can also just get ebony wood from Formfutura and you have the same look and no abrasion.

I myself don’t live in the UK but did a lot of business with the owner and always was amazed by the selection. As for stock; there’s raw material shortages everywhere and every brand is impacted at least a little.

As for plug and play; I hear you but if material is 10,- less per kg I will for sure take 10-30 minutes to quickly dial it in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, ok update time. After printing more and more, I got this stuff clinging to the nozzle and failing prints, after reading the forums, seems most people report the same, absolutely fine on first prints/new nozzle, after that insane nozzle sticking and the purge coils getting dragged onto the build area. New opinion, not so good.

I am having exactly the same issue with my prints using BL PETG CF now. I can’t seem to remedy the problem but have spent hours today testing after making small adjustments. I’m trying to print something now…it’s only been going for an 30 mins and I can already see excess filament from the nozzle in the print :disappointed_relieved:

I did actually become quite successful, but, the solution for me was quite extreme. Firstly, 0.4mm was just so unreliable, I moved to minimum 0.6, but got my best work on 0.8mm. I also now use the BIQU Revo mod most of the time, I used a standard obxidian nozzle 0.8mm. Prints well, no surface defects, no clogging, no build up. I will also say it makes crazy, crazy difference just drying the filament. I need to rigorously dry each roll for a few days, so I need to plan my prints, if using it, make sure you have a roll’s worth of prints, do the work, then burn through the roll and don’t store it. I also found a filament brand that is cheaper and just as good as Bambu official from amazon uk. In the end I did 3 rolls of this in about a week and haven’t used it since.

1 Like

Also, I did screw up a print bed by forgetting to put the textured bed on, I had the high temp bed and pulled part of the sticker off… Don’t do what I did, especially with the high temp print bed shortage currently.

This is all very good to know. Thanks for the update. I’ve been having nothing but problems trying to get my BL PETG CF right. It’s driving me nuts. Now seem to have some slight ghosting on both the outer and inner walls of my prints. Unfortunately, this isn’t acceptable for what I need the part for.

Thanks for the recommendation on the filament. I use this brand as an alternative to BL filament already so I will be sure to check out their CF range.