PETG-CF Filament help us choose our colors

You may have noticed a new filament type in our store. PETG-CF. Well, we want to add more colors to this great new filament type. Thanks to those who voted. The survey is now closed.

4 Likes

Why does it have to have CF? Can you offer nylon and petg without Cf, As id really like to run that stuff in the AMS without chewing everything out.
And is it possible to get some different colour tpu in various softness would be great. (non ams obviously)
Or recommend a list of what we should buy or look for if you guys cant stock everything.
I also suggested elsewhere, maybe if stocking endless amounts is hard at the moment, speak with trusted manufacturers that get along with you guys and work out a dealio, you guys then sell rfid chips to us for an extra few dollars, and you guys save your presets onto the rfid/ software win win. That way you dont have to stock tonnes of filament in every colour of the rainbow and we get Rfid filaments.
I really want to only use bambu filaments in my beautiful AMS, but if i cant get your stock as quick as say anything on amazon, Iā€™am gunna try that stuff ie it took waiting 5 days for shipping filament from sydney to brisbane. Amazon its either same day or next day sydney to brisbane with bambu. Paid on a sunday night, got it friday afternoon.

Ps. love what you guys have done. its a beauty this machine!

5 Likes

Silver
Black (galaxy black)
Green
Orange
Blue

4 Likes

I had to change one of my color choices from clear to green because of the CF :confused:

I would love a high quality clear PETG from Bambu but I guess thatā€™s not an optionā€¦yet

2 Likes

Cf petg is my fav and Iā€™m looking forward to other colours.

Regular petg is available in many colours from many suppliers already

4 Likes

Black (galaxy black)
White (Jimmy, just kiddingšŸ˜‰)
Natural
Silver
Red
Blue

Optimal 7th: green

1 Like

I have only used PLA. Can you not run CF through the AMS? I was thinking this would be neat to do multi color with. That said, I have no experience outside of PLA.

2 Likes

No, CF works just fine. Itā€™s going to be mixed with some other kind of plastic, always. (PA, PETG, PLA, etc)

1 Like

I thought that bambu people said not to run any filaments with abrasive materials in the ams? I hope thats not the case as id love to run it in my ams without wearing it out rapidly.

1 Like

Yeah Steve, agreed. Donā€™t quite understand how the AMS will wear out quicky with abrasive filament. Did they mean the nozzle? The only thing I can think of in the AMS that can wear is the filament cutter maybe. The rest of the insides shouldnā€™t be affected by the abrasiveness of the material.

1 Like

I think where it enters the feed tube and anywhere else it might rub, makes me wonder if we could use something like graphite or something that wouldnt impact the rest of the printer to help stop wear.

1 Like

@Steve_B My mistake, I was thinking of general printing, and not the AMS. However, I donā€™t think that CF filament would be considered ā€œabrasiveā€ in this context. Some clarity from Bambu would be nice here. (Hint. Hint. :3)

@NatX The filament cutter is in the print head itself, not the AMS.

1 Like

Ah good catch I missed it. Was thinking of the prusa MMU :joy:

1 Like

1 Like

White and Grey would be great.

Hi,
to be able to order your filaments in general would be great.
No question about colors for PETG-CF.
PLA basic/ matte/ sparkle/ marble/ ā€¦ - TPU - ABS - ā€¦
non of these is available in the EU-Shop :-/
Please, increase your production and fill up the srores,
Thank you

For PETG-CF

Matte Black
Matte Orange
Matte Red
Matte Blue
Matte Grey

Also som standard PETG would be nice

Matte Black
Matte white
Matte Orange
Matte Red
Matte Blue
Matte Grey

1 Like

I see this is closed, but may I put a late vote in for translucent gem tones? I use ESUN mostly, and Iā€™m finding of all the commercial PETGā€™s this one if fighting me the most. A factory supported option would be lovely. Blue, green, orange, smoke, red and neutral. A safety green/yellow would be nice as well.

Why were you kidding about white? ā€¦ Michael Jackson did it!

White with black CF would probably look great I guess?
Somewhat like Marble-Filament but different

For me:

Army Green
Dark Red
Dark Blue
Dark Grey
White (I would call it ā€œDalmatian Whiteā€)

I would test if glitter would be visible and how it would look.