Pitting or pock marks in pla prints

when printing these letter bodies, at first there was no pitting and it’s getting progressively worse as time goes on. I’ve tried to solve using retraction, temperature adjustments, various wall settings like arcane generation. In the past ive fixed marks like this by adjusting the temp 5 degrees but no so here. Any ideas

If it is getting progressively worse, maybe the filament is absorbing moisture from the attmosphere.

1 Like

Possibly moisture and or seam

1 Like

Sunlu once sold such (high-speed) filament. Allegedly no bubble formation, as advertised. I then ordered 5 rolls and similar holes appeared on the prints from the very first roll. I sent everything back. Maybe it was just moisture, I don’t know.

For some reason and would love to know why. reducing the fialment density to 1.23 resolved the issue perfectly. Anyone know why?

The filament density value does not affect the print; the usage is solely for performing calculus to assess results as the mass of filament spent.

1 Like

It is noticeable that the print speeds that other printers can achieve cause almost no problems with filaments there, even moisture problems to a lesser extent or not at all. So if you turn the screw on how much filament /s is melted at a certain temperature, this has an influence on the print with a certain filament. But that’s nothing new, because that’s the only way 3D printing works.

You could try limiting the printing speed of your filament to 50mm/s everywhere at big Objects (except bridges, where it would be about 20mm/s faster) and see what happens. For small objects, they reduce all speeds further, e.g. to 30mm/s.

correct because the issue returned very next print

i went to orca slicer, been using pressure advance and it improved the issue but i still feel there is a physical issue with the printer perhaps. Not really sure what to do or think at this point

Hi,

I agree with others that moisture seems the most plausible answer.
Even if you get improvements by other settings, it doesn’t mean the filament isn’t damp. It would be helpful if you could eliminate this assumption.

The answer was clogged or in some way damaged nozzle for 100 percent certain. I went back to a .4mm and printing like gold. Oh well at least i got orca slicer with pressure advance set up cause my prints are CRISPY now. Im sticking to .4mm my foray into .6mm was a bit annoying.

1 Like