Plate based presets

Would be great to be able to have another level of control with plate based settings.
That would give you 3 layers of control - object, plate and global.

3 Likes

What settings would you make plate based? Filament temperature can be set based on the plate. What other ones would you want to change?

Not sure if. this is the intention, but Iā€™m trying to use a project to contain all parts required. As such different models require different settings. Here is a an example use case:

Iā€™ve got 4 self watering planters (different designs/sizes).

Iā€™ve got the outer pots on one plate and print these with petg at with a higher quality setting.

On another plate, Iā€™ve got the inner pot, I print these in PLA at a lower quality setting.

I know I can go in and set the settings for either sets in the object settings, but it would be more efficient if I could just load a preset per plate.

Okay. I see what you are wanting and that makes sense. You can have different settings on each object, but not sure if you can do different bed settings.

ā€œPlate basedā€ in my opinion could only be the temperature of the plate to be used. And this is available within filament settings - otherwise, for different plates and setups, I do suggest to use ā€œsave as projectā€, give it a good name which suits the plate. Can be loaded upon start of Studio.

Why do you think it should me limited to the temperature of the plate used?

BTW, when I say ā€˜plateā€™, Iā€™m referring to the use of multiple plates in Bambu studio - Plates Management | Bambu Lab Wiki. Just in case you thought I was referring to settings based on the physical plates (IE: textured, cold etc) used.

I agree, applying a preset per plate would be very handy !

2 Likes

Add object-based presets to this feature request. Itā€™s very strange that all the parameters are accessible individually, but not the presets. Very tedious to adjustā€¦

2 Likes

I would agreeā€¦ plate based settings would be great! For example, I have a project that currently has seven plates. Some of the plates are set for printing large objects at 0.24 mm layer heights with extra perimeters while I have other plates set with many small parts I want to print at 0.16 mm layer heights for more quality/details using a different filament. With the current object and global only options I have to modify dozens of objects with the same settings and try to organize myself for efficiency by trying to make the global options those that match the most items in the project. Plate level settings would solve this.

I do understand that I could separate the plates into several different projects but then what do we really have the option for multiple plates then?