Polymaker lawsuit re filament for guns

Polymaker is being sued in the USA for supplying filament to gun makers.

Apparently it’s because they sponsored a gun printer and mention firearms in their filament marketing.

Anyway not my problem and none of my business. All happening in some weird foreign place. :slight_smile:

I think it is hilariously ridiculous. I think they are using lawsuits to make a political point.

The suit is stretching existing laws so far, and relies on brand new laws that are still having their legality challenged.

I don’t think it will go anywhere. The degree of separation between the material and the product is just too high.

Lawsuits that can’t go anywhere but be a dangerous nuisance seem to be the trend now. The law means nothing anymore, power is all that matters.

I am not looking forward to the world copy and pasting this.

I wish it were about that. It’s a money grab. The legal system has built a framework whereby it’s possible to do, so they do it. They don’t care at all about the morality or safety of the matter.

Demon Brown…

That’ says a lot :poop:

China makes all the ingredients to make fentanyl. They ship the raw ingredients to Mexico where they are processed into fentanyl and shipped to America. Americans consume fentanyl and turn parts of America into zones of drug filled squalor. China produces high quality materials and machines that it ships to America where Americans can easily create untraceable guns to shoot other Americans.

In Tao Te Ching there is a line that says, “The sharper the people’s weapons, the more they riot”.

Your comparison between filament and fentanyl does not work at all.

You are ignoring the primary intent and function of the products. Fentanyl is a drug with specific use cases, while filament is a general use material. I have some Fiberon PA612-CF15 loaded up right now, is its only purpose to create untraceable guns? No of course not.

I am not sure you are using this quote correctly, but correct me if I am wrong. That quote is meant to be an analogy about overreaching government control. I am not sure how you are connecting that besides just mentioning it.

The more prohibitions you make, the poorer people will be.
The more weapons you posses, the greater the chaos in your country.
The more knowledge that is acquired, the stranger the world will become.
The more laws that you make, the greater the number of criminals.

Tao Te Ching, Chapter 57

Yeah, I am familiar with the quote, I am questioning its application.

As the “you” in the text refers to government, not the people. It is an argument against excessive laws and militarization. That is more evident when you look at lines 1 and 4.

Indeed, the quote refers (and addresses) to “the king” and "the kingdom "… which, nowadays, is called “the government”

This and other ancient Chinese writings are presented as philosophy to guide rulers on how to better rule society. Just as the Art of War did the same for warfare. If one country wanted to gain an advantage over another country one could encourage in the other country the type of behavior that is known to be detrimental to society. Give the people all the drugs and guns they could ever want. What could ever go wrong?

What point are you trying to make in the concept of the topic? Are you suggesting that polymaker is participating in state sponsored destabilization?

Seems like a huge logical leap to me.

To me, if the article is basically factual then it looks like Polymaker did a deliberate action to show support for their views on printing freedom and possibly the right to bear arms in the US. (Polymaker is headquartered in Changshu / Suzhou, China, with major global offices and distribution centers in Shanghai, Utrecht (Netherlands), and Houston (Texas, USA)). Or it could be just to cause turmoil in a country.

If it comes back to bite them then they have figuratively shot themselves in the foot with a ghost gun.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

More like profiting off of the downfall of society.

Thats a ridiculous opinion and does not address the question I proposed (and kinda contradicts your previous statement). But I expected no less based on our previous similar conversations.

Seems the elites have figured out that they wont be able to ban “unrestricted” 3d printers… filament however… thats only a few points of failure…

I don’t think PolyMaker can be blamed for the downfall of American society. In fact, I don’t think they have anything to do with it at all. It is a bit of a cliché, but I think the story goes something more like “…the call is coming from inside the house!”

… and, it originates from the top floor(s)…