Popular search are always the same

Now, when you click the search bar, the most popular searches appear. However, I think they need to be set up better. Currently, you are likely displaying the most used searches of all time, which tends to show the same results repeatedly.

I’ve been seeing these same results for months. Instead, it might help to look at popular searches from the last 30 days. This way, the results would vary and provide a better idea of what others are searching for in a reasonably recent period. @Tanklet

5 Likes

Ever tried you favourite search engine with some customisation ? :wink:
For example, like this in the search bar, you get the models from Makerworld,com listed in the results:

3mf site:makerworld.com

If you wanted to find anything that might be a tool or used for a tool you could try it this way:

tool site:makerworld.com

You can also limit the results further by using the tool button and, for example, limit the results to just past week, past month or such.
For even more detailed results you could search for something specific with the page, e.g.:

intext:remix site:makerworld.com/

would give you all models that probably either are a remix or where the author states to remix or not…
Works great to find models of a specific scale too:

intext:1/50 site:makerworld.com/

Just use a search engine - how hard can it be ? :wink:
And guess what this might provide:

intext:stl bolt site:makerworld.com/

Correct all models that might be bolts and comes with STL files :wink:

This has nothing to do with what was requested since MW provides its own search engine that does not follow the syntax that Google uses.

Furthermore, you still couldn’t know what the popular searches are, the topic of this discussion.

I would suggest to read better the next time :wink:

I don’t think thats the issue Michelem was pointing out…

Thanks for pointing this out. We will update the feature to include more recent popular searches.

2 Likes