Possibility of AMS 2

Got my P1S a couple weeks ago and opted not to purchase the AMS. Well as soon as I opened makerworld and saw that most models are designed for AMS, I slightly regret it. That being said, the AMS has been out for a while now, and has several flaws that have been identified. I do not see how an AMS 2 is not currently being worked on. Granted you can print modifications to rectify some of the downfalls, but I would rather not drop new printer money on the system and then have to modify it still to get full functionality. Has anyone else been contemplating AMS 2?

Bambu has silently been releasing upgraded versions of the AMS, I think they are on their third version now. I doubt they will one day release a “AMS 2.0” so if that’s what you are waiting for, you will probably be waiting a long time. I also didn’t purchase the AMS with my P1S, a decision I regretted a few days after I ordered and before I even received the P1S. I contacted support to see if I could still purchase the AMS for the $100 discount and they said it was too late. So my initial cheapness cost me $100. The AMS isn’t perfect but it does more than just change colors. It keeps the filament dry and detects spool tangles to prevent air printing. I strongly recommend just biting the bullet and ordering the AMS.

3 Likes