Possibility to change for custom fans with different max RPM

I am currently trying to replace my chamber fan with a different PWM 24V fan, everything is working as expected but the software and firmware print a different % fan speed than it actually is. This is because the max rpm of my new fan is higher than of the default fan, so the reading is off compared to the max default rpm value of 4800.
I can set the fan speed between 0 and 100% but after 2 or 3 seconds it must read the actual rpm signals and adjust the printed-on-screen speed, even if it is different from the input 2 seconds ago.
This is the closed-loop fan system advertised and it’s great for safety reasons, but please allow safety for custom fan as well.

It would be nice to be able to adjust the max RPM settings per fan to get a correct % reading, so far, modding any PWM fan seem like you made it less possible for the user to mod their own unit.

Please allow more flexibility for this cool feature that would allow the community to come up with many different fan mods, even for the hotend fan duct there are many possibilities if you open up to them.

Please Bambu Lab allow custom fan mods with custom correct rpm readings

1 Like