Possible bed level issues

My PETG print looks great on the bottom & right side but bad on the left and top side. The bottom surface pattern gets squished at the left and top side.

Filament: voxelab White PETG
Plate: Whambam pex
Printing temp: 270

I run the bed leveling & dont remove the plate after bed leveling. This happened on 2 attempted prints today and a few weeks back.

2 Likes

Ya the brim has bad spots also.

Straight edge the bed to see if ok then do the Bed Tramming Procedure let’s see what you find out.

Keep us updated :v:

I dont know how much light passing through is okay or not. I’d like some feedback, please. Learning about tramming next.

Well the flatter the better also as it warms up it might be changing even more of a gap the Bambu ABL can help with small amounts of changes but when it gets to big it will effect your layers.

Feeler Gauge Sample

Check out the post on Warp Beds

With petg you can set your first layer height to 0.24 or 0.28 to help for now.

Also you might see if your petg will work at these base speeds some of my petg I can push it even faster and keep the layer bond still good.

Tip: If you have not done it clean your carbon rods and adjust your x& y belts they will loosen up from when the printer was new.

@3DTech Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I ordered a feeler gauge from amazon. It comes Wednesday. I’ll report back then.

First layer test:
Filament: Overture White PLA
Plate: Whambam pex
Printing temp: 220

Plate was cleaned with 99% IPA before printing. The white section at the bottom right is the first layer pealing off the plate but that was after I had taken the plate out.

Hi X1Red,

Did you clean your carbon rods and adjust your x & y belts they will loosen up from when the printer was new I have seen loose belts make ripples on the rear area of the bed after adjusting the belts it stopped on mine if you see the x & y belt tensioners move you know the belts were loose.

Belt tensioning procedure

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder. It took 3 rounds of belt tensioning to fix the issue:

For the diagonal straight edge, the feeler gauge can slip under at 0.040 mm:

For the front left to front right straight edge, the feeler gauge can slip under at 0.180 mm:

Thanks for helping me to get this far. does a 0.180 mm gap warrant putting in a ticket to get a new bed?

1 Like

Ya that looks better now :+1:

Well I don’t know what Bambu lab acceptable heat bed deviation spec is when they will ship a new bed to a customer or wait a little more until they get a better solution let’s hope :crossed_fingers:

Best to be no more than 0.1mm out of flat.

1 Like

Why do you measure the magnetic sticker? Measure the build plate - or do you print on the magentic sticker? :rofl:

The build plate warps to the magnetic plate. And I did what 3Dtech requested of me based on see what others did in this thread:

Hello and apologies for reviving the thread

I am having similar issues on my engineering plate with regards to Z offset at 90C bed temp , 280 nozzle for PA-CF
Please check out the video i linked. Seems nozzle lays down filament in the air for some reason. This is not happening with cool plate + PLA.

[type or paste code here](https://www.youtube.com/shorts/exBcCUrwtIM)

As for the cool plate, i have the first layer patchy in some areas. I have already done flow cal with orca and run the calibration multiple times.