Prepare Plate Setting?

Is there a pref. setting anywhere to turn off or change the selected WHITE outline,
or make it more transparent to help align parts better to the grid lines on the plate ?

As you can see the WHITE makes it very hard to align the part edge with the
plate grid.

There is no way to change or turn off the highlighting that I know.

You can look at the model from under the plate, with the edges of interest rotated to the front, which brings them within the wide lines marking the model outline.

1 Like

Well that is something… thanks for the hint , a good one…

Strange that the developers would not see this as an issue when printing for some…

Can you further explain your use case for having to align the part to the grid? It is a pretty rare requirement.

I like to minimize the movement, and being a design engineer,
it is part of my DNA :slight_smile:

If you need a part in a specific position you can use the “Move” button and located it exactly where you need it. Also I find the Right click/Center a super helpful feature.

There is also the new “Ruler” button.

Oh and if you haven’t played with it the new Assembly coordinate and mating features are really neat.

I hate to irritate your engineer’s OCD, but you should know that purely x or y axis movement is controlled by the two belts working together. When only one belt moves, the head moves diagonally.

:wink:

haha good one…
I should have elaborated, bad habit, I was referring to the movement between parts
hoping the software is smart enought to take advantage and maybe even shave a few seconds
off the build movement… Grin also hoping to win the lottery…