Presets changing to Generic Filament when changing between printer

Hey everyone,

Why are my presets NEVER saved…?

Changing presets

Upon opening Bambu studio I 99% of the times have to set my Profiles “GTECH PETG (P1S)” as per rule of thumb, they’re almost never saved (except for that 1% of times)

but the WORST is, it also happens when switching between printers.
I set all my profiles - change printer, go back, and I have to set them again.

Its driving me C R A Z Y …

What am I doing wrong?

Edit 1:

To simplify with pictures:

Upon startup:

successfully changed presets to: GTECH PETG (P1S)

I change printer P1S to A1 Mini:

Here A1 Mini:

I change back to my previously set P1S:

All GONE!!:

Edit 2: Using 1.9 Beta (but had the same issues with the previous recent version)

Your description seems normal; changing the printer or even the printer nozzle will only keep your filament if the configuration exists in the other printer. Otherwise, the custom preset is replaced by the default one.

For example, I have created and calibrated BL ABS and Polylite ASA for both 0.4mm and 0.6m nozzle, so changing the printer (aka nozzle diameter) does not affect the filament.

However, not for the 0.2mm nozzle, so it reset for the default preset:

I am not aware of any option to change this.

1 Like

I’d love to know what happens if you’d add a new printer and change between them.

In my case the only difference between my P1S and my two A1 Minis is, that the P1S has AMS.
But I’m using the same filament for both.

I can’t even get to the point of setting the same filaments for both, the P1S and A1 Mini, because as soon as I change the printer, the presets are gone.

Also what I noticed, you seem to have created a different profile for each color. In my case I have one profile for all the colours, as PA, flow value differences are minimal.

Maybe that would make a difference… I’ll try that late afternoon.

But in the meantime (if you wouldn’t mind) add another printer… and test it. I’m sure you’ll experience the same issue because although the nozzle (profile) is different - it’s still the same printer.

I added two new printers, the P1S and the A1.
My filament presets created and calibrated for the X1C are compatible with the P1S but not the A1.
I created a new BL PLA basic preset for the A1, which resulted in deleting the existing one.

You can watch the video:
2024-04-27 05-06-56.mp4

1 Like

I did not create a new filament profile lately and therefore not stumbled across that message of incompatibility. But I remember having to set up all presets again in order to make them compatible. So the ones I have, are compatible ( every preset with its printer though) But still they will not stay in place - BambuStudio always switches back to Basic presets.

I also tried adding a TEST preset with color but that unfortunately didn’t do the trick…

PD: Sorry for not showing the drop-down menus. Using Game-bar recorder and it seems not to catch that.