Print error notifications on iOS

I want print fail/load fail push notifications to my iPhone. Currently the only notifications I get are of print success or fail. There has been several times the printer is just sitting there doing nothing and I have no idea. It’s not till I check the printer or check the app that I know there is an issue. Really hope this can be implemented soon as this should be a feature and I’m pretty sure android already has this feature.

9 Likes

I get notifications of failures, but without a sound so I am often unaware they are there.

2 Likes

Hi @jhopke28, same on my phone and iPad, get no notification If for example the filament runs out, or spaghetti are detected, that is a pity, because my printer is in the basement… Let’s keep our fingers crossed that it goes soon…

3 Likes

No notifications here on iOS. I get Failed/Successful prints, but no warning about spaghetti/first layer or anything useful like that :frowning:

4 Likes

Yeah, this is the first time I’ve ever wanted more notifications on my phone :laughing:

4 Likes

Ikr! Really need them asap. The more people comment the better chance they see this and fix.

3 Likes

I have seen warning messages about spaghetti or AMS feeds on my iPhone, but without a notification sound, so I only notice it if I look at my phone. I have a feature request in about that.

5 Likes

Sounds like you have an x1c us with a p1p don’t even get spaghetti detection lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, we really need that.

4 Likes

Yeah, we need it!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Wake up Bambu Lab!!! We REALLY need filament run out and other failure notifications.

3 Likes

This is still a major frustration. As far as I can tell, it affects only P1, not X1.
And I 100% remember getting these notifications in the past, so they should be able to pinpoint exactly what firmware/software update broke this.

I pause my prints across several printers in order to drop magnets in, and the sliced Pauses never notify like they did before, leaving my printers often holding at high temps for extremely long periods of inactivity until I think to go manually check.

This seems absolutely trivial to hunt down and fix, but there has been no acknowledgment of the issue even. So frustrating.

1 Like

I’m on Android and the only notifications I get on my P1S are print successful messages. We need this for both OSs, it’s baffling why it doesn’t already do this. I just lost about 6 hours of time in my print because I had no idea there was an issue.

1 Like

I also find it frustrating that i can’t even get the print success message when i do a reprint from the SD card.
I really don’t understand why it can’t send a simple notification to the app on my phone when we’re sitting there on the same wifi network.
Yet somehow this is restricted functionality thats only available for cloud-prints?? :frowning:

1 Like

Another vote for this. I get the finished notifications just fine, but it’s frustrating to come back to the printer a couple hours after starting my job, hoping to have my new product, only to find that the print failed early on for some reason.

1 Like

X1C with iphone app, I used to get some notifications like print success or failure, I think I even got notifications on things like spaghetti and when I ran out of filament. But the past couple months I haven’t been getting any. I have tried reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, restarting the printer, checked all of my notification settings. It’s infuriating!

1 Like

If the filament is missing, I don’t get a push message either. And if the printing is successful, the message comes 1 hour later or not at all. Please update Bambu. I use iPhone and iPad.

1 Like

ALL notifications should be sent to desktop and iPhone app. Thanks!

1 Like

In the last day or so there has been an issue with notifications delayed or not sent at all.

4 Likes

I’d rather get fail-notifications than print success notifications.
Please make it possible to get ALL app notifications as push notifications, or atleast let us choose if we’d rather want one or the other type of notification, if all is not possible.

1 Like