Print part in color 1, purge and print second part in different color

I think this is a request, I just got my AMS yesterday, but it would be great if you spaced parts far enough apart that the AMS could print colors as needed and not by layer changes.

So if one part is all color 1 and second part is color 2. both would print one after another and only purge once.

Further idea:

If part 1 uses color 2 on layers 10-20 and part 2 uses color 2 on layers 15-30 that it would intelligently go ahead and print part 2 up to layer 15 then purge to color 2 and continue with the parts actually printing on different layers.

Might be a dream idea, but would make the entire process more efficient.

The only issue would be the collision factor
But that being said I’m sure there is a way to do this possibly by adding another plate in the slicer (yes it is an option) and making very sure that when it starts the other print no collisions occur
The only issue I see with that idea is #1 the calibration sequence and #2 the path of the hotend would collide with the previous print unless they are spaced out very carefully
Probably a safer bet to blast off one print at a time, a minor inconvenience compared to broken printer parts :man_shrugging:

In BambuStudio there is a “Print sequene” option within the “others” tab. Change it from “by layer” to “by object”. Then it is going to print one object after the other.

For your second idea, I dont think there is an optionfor that…

grafik

Print by object but make sure you have the clearance between the parts or risk a crash.

Easier to just print the one color, clean off the plate or swap out and start the next print.