Print Quality Suddenly Very Bad

Hi! I’m pretty new to 3D printing and I need some help. My Bambu X1C was working just fine until recently. I’ve made dozens of prints but then all of the sudden the prints started looking really bad. The surface is all broken up in areas. I’ve tried the following:

• Cleaning carbon rods and screws
  • Calibrating
  • A variety of filaments
  • Varying the temperature, max volumetric speed, layer time
    Nothing seems to help. Anyone know what’s going on here? I’ve included photos of what I’ve been getting before and what my prints look like now.
    Thanks!

Did this happen after upgrading your X1C firmware?

There has been some history, if after a firmware update, if your prints start messing up, do a full factory reset and test.
I am not telling you to do that yet, maybe support or otherws will chime in, but if you do - also right down all your K values etc.

@kamwyu I’ve had some similar experiences. You might want to try and clean the metal rods for the Y and Z axis. I did a deep clean with IPA (Alcohol, not the beer :slightly_smiling_face:) and then used a thin coat of oil on the metal rods. It seemed to help quite a bit.

Thanks for the tip, although I’m not the one facing this issue.

@drakko Thanks, made the correction.

No problem, broe01, your good intention is what counts.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help guys. A quick update. My X1C is printing better now. I first did a factory reset and after I did that a warning came up about the resonance frequency of the X axis being low. This is odd because I clean and maintain the printer regularly. However, this time, I took more time, making sure to pull lightly on the timing belts to make sure they are moving the little springs on the back. After that, the prints are looking better. I still get the damn warning popping up again, though! It’s very annoying as I don’t know what else I can do at this point. I’m hoping the quality doesn’t deteriorate again.