Print sequence by object error

Is this a bug? There is plenty of spacing and they are within the max height. The error message goes away when the left object moved out of plate.

The slicer thinks that the left model will hit the x-axis gantry when it’s printing the two on the right, that’s why you are getting the error that it’s too high.

1 Like

If you press “Ctrl” + “E” it will show you the sequence the parts will print in. This can help when laying out parts that are taller. You can reorder the print sequence by dragging them around in the object tab.

The wiki has a good page about using this feature that explains it well.

Depending on how large of diameter your parts are if you put them in the extreme corners you can get them to work.

1 Like

Ctrl E is a cool tip, thanks, but it didn’t solve the issue. Doesn’t the outer gray line represent extruder_clearance_max_radius? I forgot to mention it’s vase mode, maybe it has something to do with the error.

You have to get the outer circles onto the build plate completely & so they don’t touch.
Sometimes it’s a PITA.

I scaled the cylinders to the same size as your parts and I couldn’t get them situated any way that worked for 3 parts. I think you are limited to 2 parts in this situation.

I’ve been able to successfully slice/print parts with the out circles outside of the build plate.

You have to get the outer circles onto the build plate completely & so they don’t touch.

I don’t know about that, I have printed objects max radius clearance outside of build plate.

Removing the left one resolves the issue.

Thank you for confirming it. It would be nice to be able to get more prints on the plate.
I’m calling this a bug, hopefully the dev team will get to it eventually.

I’ve only tried it twice with the A1 Mini & it’s the only way I could get it to slice…dunno

Optimally position objects can be quite complicated. bbl does not have software guys who are capable, or interested enough to solve the problem. They have taken a simple, safe approach that works good enough for most users. A smaller print head would allow more objects, so items on plates would need to be arranged for different printers, as an example.