Printer queue for multiple printers

I’m planning a print farm for in-house production and Bambu seems to be the best solution as far as print quality and speed. However, I can’t find information regarding the current status of a print queue for multiple Bambu printers.

Every 3D printed part will be similar, but different (customized). As a new job comes in, is there a way to send the job to a printer queue, which then sends the job to the next available printer?

I plan on adding an auto ejection system so that the process is automated.

1 Like

There is nothing like that currently that I know of.

That is not to say it can’t be done. What your asking for is custom 3rd party software that would need to be tailored to your set up.

There are currently a couple options to help with “Print Farms”.

The CLI could be used with a custom script to que prints.

There is also the a new stand alone controller offering from BigTreeTech

2 Likes

Hi Jon, thank-you for the response. I am surprised such a relatively simple function such as a printer queue has not been implemented yet. It would certainly help drive volume/revenue with commercial clients.

If there is an affordable third party solution, then that is fine as long as Bambu doesn’t brick it with a firmware update. As Bambu has followed the Apple business model with premium, closed source, easy-to-use hardware, they should seriously consider implementing printer queue functionality as it is frequently requested. Or at minimum, they should provide API so third parties can satisfy the need. Even a dashboard which shoes the status of all printers in a list on one screen would be immensely helpful. Perhaps the latter exists, but not from what I can find from other’s experiences (I don’t have a Bambu yet to know). I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir… :grin:

I spent all of yesterday and much of today researching possible options. The challenge with the Panda Touch is that it seems to be for printing the same file on several printers. Every file I print will be different and orders will come randomly. I’m hoping to be able to add a print to a queue, then once a Bambu is available, the print is automatically routed and it begins printing. The other aspect is that this will be managed remotely (with appropriate safety equipment/precautions at the print farm). The printers would only be attended twice a daily for maintenance, filament loading, etc. It seems the Panda Touch is for WIFI only and lacks a print queue for different prints (awaiting response from BigTree to verify).

The CLI seems to be a good option to have a print list with remaining time. It is laughable that the most user friendly 3D printers have to have a third party command line DOS type interface to see the status of multiple printers. I’ll have to seem is MMQT could also be customized to have a similar list on one screen.

Thank-you for the links. I had already reviewed them, but they were worth a second look as I feel I have been stuck in this rabbit hole far too long…

+1
I need another 20 printers but cant buy it from bambu beacuse there is no software for print farm management, auto queue solutions ;(

Perhaps have a look at this thread?

2 Likes

I saw it already, it is good start but still missing key fiction for me - print queue with auto select free printer with maching filament, currently im using octoprint for that

That’s a great start! Thank-you for sharing the link. I guess my thread post was a few days too early :grinning:

Like piotrek91222, I too ultimately need a print queue so that prints can be managed remotely (w/auto-ejection) without continually monitoring when the next printer is available. But I will plan to use this software as a start…