Problem Printing First Large PETG Print

Good Morning All,

This is my first post here so please let me know if I’m not posting this in the right place and I will repost it in the appropriate forum.

I got my X1C about a month ago now and haven’t had any major issues with prints until I tried my first really large print with it. I was attempting to print this model - Printables

I printed the front two sections on one plate. I was concerned about the long uprights possibly warping but they did not. I was concerned about the tab overhangs that just stuck straight out from the sides about 3/4" and were an 1" long so I added manual tree supports and they came out fine and straight.

Everything seemed to be good until I popped it out and saw these edges on the bottom. The area was away from the front glass and camera so I couldn’t see this starting as it was printing. I did not use the 3mf file that was in the zip file downloaded from Printables. I brought the models into Bambu studio myself and used the default settings. The only thing I changed was to increase the number of walls, the infill density and the infill pattern to adaptive cubic. As the print is meant to be functional and hold the weight of the AMS while in use I wanted the extra strength. This was printed using Bambu PETG Basic Black. The door and top glass were closed.

You can se from the photos of the areas on both parts where there is some odd strings, the area that was facing down while printing has very pronounced lines and the rest of the mess on that corner. The rest of the print was perfectly fine. The texture you can see on the hex portion is just the pattern from the textured plate and not part of the problem. This is for a personal and utilitarian project and the rest seems fine and strong so it’s not a waste but before I print the rest of it or go on to print something large and not strictly utilitarian i would like to figure out how to fix the issues with the print.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Use “normal auto” Type, “Snug” Style and “build plate only” support since PETG is a little finicky with bridging on long floating overhangs