Problem with Non-Selected Object Expanding

I hope the picture will speak for the problem. I want to quickly remove the bottom half by adding a primitive cube and then doing a Boolean difference. As you can see I have only selected the primitive cube. When I tried to change the X, the first object moved up off the plate. I try hard not to use the mouse because too often the primitive part will shoot off the plate.

Any help is appreciated.

Ron

If I understand correctly it may be easier to cut the bottom off by simply moving the part down in Z.

To lower the model in Z height use the “Move” button on the top toolbar or press “M” for the keyboard shortcut.

Then drag the blue arrow down or key in the height you want.

5 Likes

Thank you!. I have had so much trouble with my mouse, I simply entered negative values in the “X” box to move it. Worked great, thank you! Had no idea you could remove a part by placing it below the plate.
This model may be just weird, or I just have a whole lot to learn. I was able to remove the bottom using Boolean, but when I sliced the plate, the model disappeared. But for now, I have what I need to test before printing the whole model. Thanks again!

1 Like