Problem with Remixes

So I recently got one of my models remixed(which I don’t mind) but when they “remixed” it they used my picture for the listing. Digging into it more it seems like someone might have just wanted to add a print profile but instead they made a new listing. Any thoughts on what I should do?

Their listing.

My Listing.

Report it. There’s no excuse for such behavior, and it doesn’t occur accidentally.

2 Likes

I tend to agree with you that it doesn’t happen by accident. takes a good amount of work to upload a new listing.

They didn’t just use your picture, the file is 1:1 the same. Open both in a tab, open the 3d Preview on both and switch between tabs - 0 difference. So yes, report it.

I did. Thanks for the confirmation.

1 Like

Yep report it !

Just a little side note, you should publish a 0.2 nozzle print profile as well if you want to increase your chance in the contest.

Seconde note ^^ is there a reason why you didn’t upload a profile with the pause already added for the manual colour change? Like MW don’t accepted profiles with a pause in it or something?

Thanks! so I did try to publish a .2mm nozzle one and it failed for some reason. I gotta go back and add it.

As far as the pause goes I didn’t know if it would hold that info or not. I really have to figure that out because I want to do some designs that don’t use supports but uses a pause and you add a piece to the part printing.

Do you know if MW accepts profiles with pauses?

1 Like

No, I also want to upload a manual colour change profile for one of my model but I didn’t do it yet. that’s why I was asking of there was an issue with the pause :wink:

Gotcha. If I figure it out I’ll let you know.

2 Likes

I also think this is absolutely not correct - if someone is claiming a remix something should be changed, added or whatever. But here everything looks as the same model.
That should be reported.

They took it down. Thanks for the help.

If I spot a model that has been stolen from a designer, I report it as stolen, referencing the original.

I then contact the original owner and inform them what I found and that I reported it, recommending they do the same.

In most cases, the model is removed before the original owner gets chance to report it.

Theft is theft. In my opinion, the account of the thief should be pulled down and permanently banned.

4 Likes

Probable did it to get “first profile” points too. And enter the contest.

Yeah thats very possible. Definitely did it to enter the contest.

1 Like

Shouldn’t matter as points get revoked upon removal/takedowns

1 Like