Problems with Bambu Silk PLA

I decided to try some variety of filaments, sticking to Bambu brand figuring they will be most compatible. The Bambu SIlk PLA is covered with warts on the underside of slopes. Is this something that can be remedied? I got their data sheet and dried it for 8 hours as instructed with little difference.

See the right end in the picture.

Since no one left a message and this pops up when searching bambu filament and silk. Those “warts” are seams. You most likely have it set to “Random” which causes those random placed dots where the seam would be. Set it to nearest or back for better results. You can also draw where you want the seems as well.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. The warts I was talking about are not the seams, they are the rough ring around the right end of the last 1/4" of the part. They tend to occur on all up-slopes with Silk.

Did you ever find an answer to this, because I am having the same issue?

Welcome to the forum.

Is you issue the random “zits” that can be seen in the picture? If so that is caused by having the “seam” set to random.

The issue is not the zits. It’s the rough printing on the convex surface. I never found a solution. It can be lessened by printing much slower, but it never went away.

A lower layer height, printing slower, more cooling will all help with overhangs.

I gave up trying to print that part in Silk months ago. Since then I bought some Overture Silk for a different (flat) project. I just printed the old part with the Overture Silk and it’s coming out perfectly. Perhaps my original difficulty was only with the Bambu Silk filament.

1 Like

So I went back and printed the problematic part with Bambu Silk (dark) and Overture Silk (light). It seems to me that Bambu Silk just doesn’t print well on the bottom of convex curves. I don’t buy it anymore.

Ok I am seeing the same thing. It’s not the seam. I tried printing with the seam set to random and than again with it set to aligned and got the same result. Even tried a different pla silk filament and same thing.

Thanks I’m going to try a different brand of silk.

schonvav - I would be interested in your experience with other brands if you wish to report back.