Project Tab Functionality

I really feel like the Project tab could be made much more valuable to users fairly easily. Some observations/suggestions:

Why not make it so that when you actually send a print to the machine, the project content for that print can be partly automatic… photos/timelapse from the print automatically added to the project, amount of filament used vs amount forecasted, Metadata that is known like time to complete, filament used, cost, etc could all just be auto populated. It could generate a little saved “1 sheet” of the project with the file, videos and photos, print data and resources, etc. Then the user can add or edit if they want. Basically creating a catalog for reference of all the projects every printed by the user. They can refer back to it, copy and paste settings, etc for projects that they want to do in similar fashion, etc. Would be awesome, because now these would also basically be ready made shareable “packs” that people could send or share to their friends or the community. Ready to go on a Bambu machine using the same or similar filament.

The data is all there already, you can easily save a version of the file and sliced gcode, and it’s simple enough to add either photo of the finished print for a thumbnail or various mixes of photos and Timelapse’s per the users need.

Cheers!

• Holt
1 Like

I like this idea. I find the project a little confusing. You can fill in stuff and save it somewhere. go do another print and see that print in your recent, but doesnt open the whole project. When we hit print and it saves what we are printing to our recent prints, why not save the whole project and more as stated above.

1 Like