Prusament PETG V0 settings

Hi,

I’m trying to print with Prusament PETG V0 filament but I’m not succeeding.
What can I change in the settings to succeed.
Two problems that I got:

1. The strings on the side of the part
  2. Small holes i top layers
    The details are on the plate as the photos show.
    They are printed with Generic PET as a starting point, which are then modified as follows:
    Printing temperature: 230 degrees
    Retraction length: 2mm
    Retraction speed: 60mm/s

Otherwise, I use 0.08 layer height and 100% infill

Why are you running such crazy Retractions

Retraction length: 2mm
Retraction speed: 60mm/s

This can clearly cause the holes if it cannot recover quick enough. You did not show what the deretractiuon speed is since they go hand in hand to recover from such crazy retractions. I know your using Prusament but Just set the filament to bambu PETG Basic with no tweaks and re print also change the layer hight you are not gaining anything from that definition on this part you are making it worse. Such thin layers can cause too much pressure which can cause those wisps to come off the print.

Also the print temps are way too low for any speed printing this should be set to the max or close to the max temp of the PETG which is usually 250 to 260. PETG loves to be printed Hot.

Also you have not shown fan settings this should be set to 0 there should be no fans or very light fan speed less than 30% when printing PETG

Thanks for your post!

I thought that retraction should solve the problem with the strings on the side… but clearly it didn’t.

I wanted as smooth surface as possible on the two sloped top surfaces, so that’s why I chose 0.08. I changed it to 0.16 and now the strings are gone…why is there an option for 0.08 if it doesn’t work!?

Prusament PETG V0 should have less heat, so that’s why I chose 230 degrees.

My fan setting was in the right range.

It does work for very specific tasks but a print like that i would never recomend such tiny layers plus the settings for 0.2, 0.6 and 0.8 nozzles on bambu have not had as much TLC as the 0.4 so they do need tweaking to make them work properly in certain prints. But i will say they have ironed out the retractions. There has been no need on any filament i have used to tweak those. Usually there is another culprit that is causing the issue than retractions. And i print in PETG mainly but also Carbon Fiber Nylon, and ASA