Punishments for uploading irrelevant entries into Contests

It’s interesting to think about the motivation of uploading irrelevant models to the contents. Apparently, they eager for more exposures and traffic. There are more spam activities, such as

1. Upload irrelevant models to 3D printer accessories category
    (3D printer accessories category has the top entry point in the Bambu Handy app landing page)
  2. Upload irrelevant models and mark it as the remix of a popular model
    (there is a remix tab in the model page, remixing a popular model apparently can have higher exposure)

Apart from punishments, it would be good to think about guiding people to do suggested “growth-hack”, topics can cover

1. Landing picture optimization (how to make the landing picture looks professional, maybe some good landing picture examples others can follow. I also wondered if Makerworld can provide an easy-to-use edit tool for landing picture)
  2. In-site search and keywords optimization, give exposures to search optimized models (the technical threshold for SEO/keyword optimization is relative low compared to artistic optimization)
  3. Other suggested growth guidelines

I do appreciate the efforts that already there

1. Featured model guideline Featured Model Guidelines
  2. Personal Content Recommendation (rolling out on web, hopefully it can also be available in Bambu Handy, I would be excited to always see new contents when I open the app, which will also give new models more exposure)
1 Like