Punishments for uploading irrelevant entries into Contests

would be cool to have a counter or some sort

1 Like

Would like to know too because by mistake i clicked the wrong model and since yesterday can’t get it out of the contest at all.

5 Likes

Thank you, @Makerworld; for keeping quality contents over quantity. This is the moderation we need. People see opportunities, they will abuse the system.

Otherwise, MW will end up just a pool of random uploads spam like Thingyverse.

1 Like

Found some irrelevant entries:

1 Like

The one of the Ferrari is mine. I already asked how can it be removed because it was a mistake. Clicked too fast and the website was not responding. Should be an option to remove models from the contest if the user wanted. Already contacted Bambulab yesterday after the mistake but no answer…

1 Like

I think you need to delete the upload entirely. I don’t think you will lose the historical earned points. Reupload.

I had removed mine in the past not about this contest thing long time ago, it was a bad upload and I didn’t get negative points.

1 Like

Last time i deleted a model the points earned were gone, but if it is the only way, i will try it. I’ll give feedback after trying. Give me a few minutes and thank you.

Edit: you were right. Deleted and reuploaded, only missed the downloads and likes but it’s not a big deal. Thank you so much. Still, i wish Bambulab would let users compete and delete models if needed.

3 Likes

If a model is entered by mistake, once can simply take down the model by themselves and reupload. One wouldn’t lose anything particularly if it’s done right after entering the contest.

Sure some may use this as an excuse to keep loading and reuploading the same model to gain some points, but I think this has been tried before and I don’t think they can own enough to redeem the points.

Since the decision is made by MW only after manual review, I don’t think appeals are needed in these cases. In fact, MW probably should make it clear in the rules that the decision on this matter is at their discretion and is final.

3 Likes

The first mistake should result in a warning only.

Like others have shown though, if there is a mistake one can take the model down before MW even has a chance to review. So I am not sure a warning is necessary.
Allowing each designer a one-time right to upload an irrelevant model can end up being a lot.

1 Like

The model will be removed with a warning.

1 Like

Hi all,
We’ve received over 300 reports in the past 12 hours and have been working on them tirelessly to resolve your reports. We would like to express our deep appreciation for your passionate monitoring and understand that most of you are essential building blocks for our growing community. However, there are several reoccurring issues that we hope are honest mistakes, and we will use this chance to address some of the behaviors while answering some of your questions.

• We understand that since there were no notice upfront for this rule to be applied, some buffering period is necessary. So for reports about past violations and violations up until Mar 15, the models will be removed from the contest page but no points will be deducted. Starting from Mar.16, we will begin points deduction for all models identified as violations.

• This rule will be added to the Contest Rule Page in future contests.

• If you believe that your model was falsely removed, let us know through a ticket and offer your reasons. If you accidentally enter the wrong contest, the simplest way is to re-upload the model and enter the correct contest.

We would also like to point out that we’ve received numerous reports about models that clearly fulfills the contest themes, some even competitive for winning awards. Though some might be honest mistakes, we have to protect the innocent models from false accusations.
Therefore, we recommend to provide the following information in your report to increase the efficiency and accuracy of our procedures.

1. The specific contest you believe this model is irrelevant to.

2. The reason you believe why this model is irrelevant.

3. If we identify a user as deliberately reporting innocent models that fulfill contest themes, there will be consequences for repeated offenders.

We appreciate all the support and love we are getting, and we truly cherish your help in building a better MakerWorld.

The MakerWorld Team

11 Likes

Perfect! There are too many people with too much time on their hands who find perverse satisfaction on reporting others. At least give them some badges, so they can feel important. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have a bold idea: reward points for successful reporting.

1 Like

Not sure about that tbh., I fear that the number of false/invalid reports will catch up with the number of invalid uploads really really fast :joy:. Someone will need to look at the reports and approve or decline them.

If there is also a penalty for false/declined reports, not sure about that. Needed sometimes multiple reports with additional information until the claim succeded.

Serious reporting can be achieved using the following guidelines:

1. You can submit a report only if you have at least 50 points in the bank.
  2. When you submit the report, 50 points of yours go into an escrow account.
  3. If the report is successful, you get your 50 points back plus the 50 points fine from the offending account.
  4. If the report is frivolous, your 50 points go into the account of the user you reported.

Very simple. Have some skin in the game when reporting.

Maybe not 50 points, but 10 points. Still, you have to be serious when reporting.

1 Like

users should get trust overtime and ranking trust to report in a good way. I think that users over 1 year and with a certain amount of successfull reports should have a higher previledge as for removing certain inapropriate uploads faster by users

I’d rather have makerworld taking care of it. To avoid conflits of interest. Even, if the trust of users get higher.

5 Likes

more illegally entered in the kit card contest

1 Like

Mmhh… I think can be double edge sword.

Unless MW can put penalty who abuse the reporting tool, then we need the opposite to encourage reporting, but the way I see it - it will be another exploit for people to abuse the reporting system.