Push notification on layer completion

Would love to be able to get notified on completion of specific layers. Sometimes I like to be there for certain parts of prints and don’t want to have to keep checking Bambu Handy to see the progress.

You can insert pauses at selected layers - I think it will send a notification, though Handy notifications are erratic. Slice the print. On the Preview tab, drag the layer slider (with the + in the circle) to the layer you want a pause inserted. Right click on the + and select Add Pause. Repeat the layer selection as needed. Click Slice again.

1 Like

@holmes4 thanks for the reply! I’m aware of that but don’t want the print to pause. Just want an update when it gets to a certain layer.

I find that there is a variable, sometimes lengthy, delay between a notification event (1st layer failure, end of print, etc.) and actual reception of the notification. So I would not expect a timely notification of layer completion.

Try using the slicer to make a cut in your model at about the right level, keeping the bottom half. Slice to see the time to complete that portion and set a timer on your phone. Go back to Preview and hit Ctrl-Z to reverse the cut.

May not be practical in a production environment, but should be more reliable for individual prints.