Reapplying new build sheets

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips/tricks on reapplying new build sheets to the plate?
I try to use the squeegee method but I guess I’m not too good at it, as I still get many bubbles that throw off my initial first layer.

Is there a printable guide somewhere anyone has? Similar to what cellphone screen protectors come with to help lay the build sheet.

Many thanks!

Hi,
just yesterday I’ve changed the build sheet and it wasn’t too difficult.
First I gently removed the old sheet (it is stiff and easy enough to remove), then I cleaned the surface of the plate with isopropyl alcohol and placed the new sheet in position.
I placed two strips of adhesive tape on the side of the sheet like a small hinge, I removed a part of the protective film and slowly pressed with my finger (trying to remove the air bubbles), gradually continuing to pull the protective film.
Finally I placed it on the printer and heated the bed plate to 90 ° for 1 minute, turned off, let it cool and the plate was ready.

Here the full wiki from Bambu Lab:

2 Likes

Excellent, I’ll give this a shot on my next application.

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

I discovered that in the files included in the printer there is the model of the accessory that I think is needed to apply more easily the new plate: “Film Sticking Fixture.3mf” (with or without the double color print).

1 Like

Ahh, that seems to be the tool I’ve been needing! Looks like it has those two holes so that I can line up the plate and sheet together.

Thank you for updating me on that find!

1 Like

You’re welcome (and “A Clockwork Orange” is one of my favorite movies) :wink:

1 Like

Where can I find these files?

They are included in the printer’s storage (available from the touch panel)

Do not attempt the dual color model. It is a total mess.