Received wrong printer, what do I do now?

Hello, I ordered a P1S, and after a week of waiting it finally arrived. Unfortunately, upon unboxing it I realized it was a P1P, and my excitement was immediately shot down before even getting a chance to fully unwrap it.

I submitted a support ticket, but it says it may take 1-3 days to get a response, and we are entering the weekend. I am unsure if I should attempt to re-pack it and wait, or finish unpacking. Is this something where Bambu will just ship me the P1S upgrade kit to go with the printer (hopefully expedited…) or am I going to have to ship this back and wait ages for more back and forth shipping? Incredibly disappointed and frustrated now, anyone else have experience with this to offer advice? Thank you.

Sorry you had to come here for the error but welcome to the Forum.

You should have gotten an email on your order and one for shipping. If your order says P1S and Bambu sent a P1P, it should be a slam-dunk replacement on their tab. I see they shaved $100 off the P1P and they are basically the same except for the enclosure. Anyway, you’ll need a copy of your order as proof. If they give you a hassle or expect you to pay return shipping, contact your credit card company for a full refund on it for non-fulfilment. In the US, it’s the law. And you may have other remedies that vary state to state. If you’re not in the US, all bets are off. Good luck.

Keep us updated on the outcome.

Thank you for the welcome, and the reply.

I am in the US thankfully, so if it comes to that I will. Obviously I will await an answer from support before considering that route. I did double check the order and I did indeed order the P1S. I would be willing to accept the upgrade kit just to shave off the time I would have to wait otherwise for shipping back and forth, though it will be pretty irritating to have to install a bunch of stuff if there isn’t other compensation included.

Part of the reason I bought this printer was because I was tired of constantly having to mess with my Ender. Was rather hyped getting home from work, just to get immensely dissapointed quickly.

There have been occasional reports of people receiving the wrong printer - some people ordered a P1P and got an X1C! Support will (eventually) help you out, but it will be annoying regardless.

1 Like

IMO don’t accept it. Regardless of whether you are happy to fit the P1S upgrade kit, you will still have a P1P when it comes to upgrading and therefore selling second-hand. Also, while not a huge issue, a P1P is still treated differently in Bambu studio regarding slicer profiles. I have a P1P purchased before P1S was released.