Red laser lidar not compatible.. discontinued parts?

Hello. ive seen a thread that states that a user has bought replacement parts for the toolhead and apperently it doesnt fit with the old lidar and needs to replace the whole toolhead with new lidar and new toolhead board as well. my question is … whats the new upgrades on the new lidar ? what happens to previous users that have the old lidars blue ? Will we get free replacements as these are discountinued parts now ? thanks @BambuLab

1 Like

There is the old single red laser and the “new” dual red laser. The single laser is discontinued and replaced by the dual red laser board.

Only when the single red laser board is faulty and needs to be replaced under warranty it will be replaced by the TH board + dual red laser Lidar. If the printer is out of warranty you need to purchase the TH board replacement and the dual red laser Lidar will be provide free of charge.

https://eu.store.bambulab.com/nl-nl/products/th-board-set-v9-dual-red-laser-x1-series?_pos=1&_sid=7d3822422&_ss=r

Your link gives 404 page not found

Change your store to EU or use the global link

Didnt notice it change to uk store … thanks

so this means that if I break 1 part out of waranty… ill need to buy 2 parts // twice the price since one part is discountinued

If you go to the store page for the new th board they have info to create a ticket and they will supply the new lidar free of charge 1 time if out of warranty.

1 Like

Read it again. You get one part for free if the other part is out of warranty.

1 Like

read what ? i dont see anything where do you mean ?
thanks again

This is posted on the US store. For the TH board for the X1.

If your Single Red Laser TH board is faulty and needs to be replaced under warranty, we will provide a replacement TH board + Dual Red Laser LIDAR free of charge under warranty.

If your printer is out of warranty, you will need to purchase the TH board replacement and we will provide the Dual Red Laser LIDAR free of charge as a one time courtesy.

2 Likes

What do no not understand about to get the second part for free…?

i am asking where do you see this on what page ?

Here is a link to this information.

Posted already. Again, please read the comments in this topic about the free part.

3 Likes

I learned this one the hard way.