Reduce speed in bambu studio

Hi community,
As there are different profiles available for the different layerhights, it is very easy to slice a print job.
Now i am confusing about the extreme speed (of course this is very impressive and cool)…
but how will the mechanic look like after longer print time.
How can the speed easily be reduced to about 75%?
Every profile setting copy and paste and reduce all the entrys?
Maybe there is a better way?

Hi @mattenmax,

There are several ways to reduce printing speed.

If you are willing to go to 75%, the easiest way is to start with one of the existing presets, reduce the speed of each region and save it for later. It is not so many values to change, and you do it once. Acceleration reduction is sometimes most relevant than speed.

At an upper level, you can limit speed in the filament settings. Maximum volumetric rate and layer time overlap any preset value.

At the ultimate hierarchy level, you can also impose limits on the machine, meaning these values will limit any existing preset.

In any case, be aware that you may be messing with unwanted settings. I advise doing it only if you understand how this will change the machine’s behaviour.

2 Likes

Thanks @JayZay,
clearly understood. Exactly, actually it is rather the acceleration that worries me.

Where in Bambu Studio do I slow the speed? PetG needs to slow down on the print, otherwise the first layer does not adhere.

Hi.

Select the preset speed tab:

You can then adjust the printing velocity of different zones of the print, including the first layer:

Note: This is the direct method, but there are alternatives.
Regarding PETG not sticking to the bed, there are many causes; while excessive print speed would affect it, it isn’t within the typical reason.

1 Like

I think an overall option, similar to the setting at the printer, would be great: “set overall speed x %” and everything scales.

1 Like

I never tried it, but if the Marlin M220 command is implemented, specifying a speed factor can be achieved by adding a custom g-code at the beginning of the print. E.g., for reducing speed to 75%:

M220 S75 

M220 is the G-code command to set the speed rate, and the value after S is the speed factor.

1 Like