Refill PLA Filament will not print

I bought two rolls of PLA Basic (Black) I loaded on a spool and then into the AMS. I had just finished printing a part and wanted to print a copy using the new roll of filament (First Print used the exact same filament. The print failed and turned into mess. First layer looked ok but the the print broke loose. I cleaned the plate, printed again same result. Reloaded the print from studio … same result.
When I resent the print the third time I picked a different color in a different slot. The print was fine. Forth Try was back to “new” roll of black PLA Basic … Trash. Large globs of filamate around the nozzle. Cleaned up everything extruded black filament until it was running ok. Tried again, Trash again, Changed color and slot. Print is fine.
In Checking the AMS I see that the slot with the Problem Filament is reading PETG not PLA Basic. I checked the box the lable says PLA basic. I look at the spool I grabbed and the lable there says PETG … Does the spool have a ID tage as well as the ID tage with the new brown core??
I could not get the the AMS to see that I had PAL in the slot. So I changed spools using one with the outside tag PLA… AMS still says PETG (no surprise I figured the AMS was reading the ID tag from the brown core. (but why PETG??) I am thinking BL has put the wrong tag on my refills. So I pull 10-12 feet of black filament off the spook and put it on different spool that has a PALBasic ID tag. The AMS now reads PLA basic as it should BUT the print is still trash. I tried to dry the filament and then print… Same trash. Still, when I change colors (PLA Basic) print is fine. I have also tried different slots, Cycled the printer and computer.
What am I missing … The reason I bought the printer and buy only their filament is to avoid type mess.

Thanks in advance for both reading the long post and any help you can suggest,

It’s very possible that there was a mistake in packaging that spool and you got PETG. The good news is that it seems to be a very rare occurrence. Have you tried contacting support about the issue? I think I would try to simplify the wording of your problem as then it will be easier for support to understand what the issue is.