Refurbished printers now listed

I don’t remember seeing this offered before? I’m seeing that refurbished options for A1, X1 and P1 are now available in the US store.

Interestingly, it seems that the offer for the refurbished printers applies to the US only. The EU shop doesn’t cover any refurbished stuff… which to some extent makes sense, given the toughness of the applicable EU and national legislation .

These discounts aren’t quite big enough (unless your time is free/inexpensive), at least for me to consider them.

Very much agreed
I’d buy a bunch of cheap refurb A1’s because I have a soft spot in my heart for them, but not at $250 ea lol

Might be good for print farms just starting out.

The X1C link does not work, fyi.

The X1C probably sold out. $399,or $499 with an AMS, was a very tempting price, but I don’t really need another printer.

Indeed. I think this is good. I once suggested BL fixing the returned printers and selling them as refurbished, but got no response to the idea at the time.

If I were in the market for one, sure, I’d buy it. In my experience with manufacturer refurbished products, they’re usually indistinguishable from new, aside from usually plainer packaging.

(As opposed to “seller refurbished” products on eBay, which varies wildly in quality. And don’t even bother with Amazon, they just re-tape the box of a returned item and ship it back out.)

I think you have to really specifically want a Bambu printer specifically for it to make sense, though. Saving $80 on a $550 P1S+AMS combo isn’t a terrible deal. But: why buy that, when you could buy a brand new Elegoo Centauri Carbon 2 Combo 4-color set-up for $400?

(A friend of mine has an Elegoo CC, and it’s really nice. Print quality is almost as good as my P1S, and it’s a heck of a lot cheaper. Elegoo’s value game is strong.)

That low! I thought it would be higher.

One way to determine value:
Divide number of printing hours for the life of the printer by the purchasing dollars, but also taking into account of users’ time in operating and the time and parts that are needed in fixing/repairing during the printer lifetime because these add into the cost of operating the printer.

I wish these kind of data were readily available publicly from many users so the comparison among printers can be done by numbers instead of by opinions.

Better comparison would be p2s it’s comparing an older model with a newer one with cheaper/better hardware

Back up for 649 with AMS now

Labour for repairs and tuning is the main. If you had to replace a consumer 3d printer every 3 years, you are looking at a few pennies per day. Essentially you are doing the same calculation that print farms use to calculate their costs. It’s labour, followed by filament, then power, and the printers are a small factor, although the workshop space they require is; buildings are expensive.

should include also men/hour costs as well.

That’s the labor that you mentioned. A printer selling at a lower price does not automatically has the better value. This is true for many products, not just for 3D printers.