Remix Permissions Issue

I’m looking for guidance on how to publish a modification to an existing MakerWorld model when the original creator has explicitly granted permission, but the upload process still prevents publication.

The original model is Anti-Roll Security Wedge for Trailer Jockey Wheel, by dercl0wn.

I made a modification to the underside of the model, adding drainage and airflow channels intended to prevent moisture from accumulating beneath the dock.

Before attempting publication, I contacted the original creator because the model’s current license does not permit derivative works. I explained my modification, my intention to publish it with attribution and a link to the original, and explicitly requested permission.

The creator replied:

“Darfst du gerne machen. Eventuell drucke ich es mir dann auch nochmal neu :)”

Translation: “You’re more than welcome to do that. Maybe I’ll print it again myself then :)”

Despite receiving this permission, when I attempt to upload the modified model using the 3D remix model option, MakerWorld displays the following message:

“Remixing is not allowed by this model’s license terms.”

I want to publish the modification while properly crediting the original creator and linking to the original model. I do not want to classify it as an original creation when it is based on another creator’s work.

Is there an approved process for publishing a creator-authorized modification when the original model’s license prevents the normal Remix workflow?

I would appreciate guidance on how to proceed.

Thank you!

Since you are already in contact with the creator, I would ask them to change the license that the model is under.

Can’t you publish it as a print profile under his original model?

That still breaks the SDFL. Chances are, they will be fine unless someone decides to report.