Retraction bug with PLA support?

I am using PLA support material (for the support interface only) in my H2D and after a certain number of layers it knocks over the prime tower. I can see that one corner of the tower is high and got hit, and the PLA support material makes more “hair” on the side of the tower than other materials.

These are exactly the same symptoms from last year when a mistake in retraction caused the prime tower to always fall at a certain layer. At that time I saw the hair on the tower and one corner was high.

Is it possible that there is a retraction problem remaining with the PLA support material?

There has been a lot of discussion on this.

The best solution IMO is the new feature that reduces the height of the prime tower by only using it when material changes are needed - but it needs more space to avoid the extruder hitting your print in the process. Mini purge before hitting prime tower on hot end swap - #3 by CarbonForge

This is another setting that may work, but I haven’t personally tested it. Prime Tower Knocked Down - This is not an adhesion problem - #80 by user_1746204

Thanks a lot I’ll take a look