Retraction

I am still waiting for my X1c to come in but I have been going thru the slicer and noticed when i choose generic PETG, the retraction settings are at 0, Is this correct?

I’ve printed quite successfully with the generic PETG profile as-is. I’ve not had to change retraction settings for any material. In fact, I can’t even find retraction settings in bambu slicer. Are you using the softfever fork?

I am currently using the softfever fork. Retraction is under extruder settings in the printer profile and optionally overridden in filament profiles. I would be surprised if that is only in the fork.

The default changes with nozzle size (which surprises me, but, I’m no expert) the Generic PETG profile does not override.

I think the setting is indeed accessible in the stable version but it’s hidden in printer settings somewhere. I haven’t touched it at all and I’ve seen no stringing whatsoever with PLA, PC and various types nylon. Haven’t tried PETG yet.

As for the retraction changing with nozzle size actually makes sense. I’ve switched to 0.8 and had to increase retraction to compensate on other printers.