Same Setting, but only Bambu PLA print fast

I need your advice. Today, I printed a small part and i thought for myself “wow, that take long”. So i compared my eSUN PLA+ with the stock settings for Bambu PLA. And look at this. All setting (except flow und PA) are the same.

Print time diff. is ~10min between the eSun und Bambu PLA. How is this possible?

6 Likes

Check the max vol. flow at the bottom of the first tab in filament settings.

1 Like

Both on 21. Like I said, only Flowrate and PA are diff. But even when I use there also the same settings, the prints speeds are diff.

1 Like

The easy way to see why is to use the preview after slicing it.
First just look at which type of lines take up different amounts of the print time.
Then move the slider to view different layers so you can see if there are difference in the number of walls, etc.

Change from line type on the legend to speed. You can see the how the speed changes. You should also use the slider and move through the layers which will let you see inner perimeters and infill. Usually speed is all you need to see what is happening differently in the slicer.

After speed you can check layer height and flow, and even layer time (which is often limited by the cooling settings in filament profile).

1 Like

The shown settings are solely related to printing… the limits you notice are related to the filament settings; if you want to compare identical settings, use the Bambu pla filament settings for the esun. Yet, I wouldn’t advise you on doing this, as the MFS (aka flow rate) of Bambu filament is impressively high, with only a few filament brands and models able to compete. I thoroughly assessed many commercial filaments, and I didn’t remember that Sunlu Pla+ was at that level.

2 Likes

I dont want print my eSUN PLA+ with the same speed as the BL PLA. But I dont get it, why the BL PLA+ is so much faster is with the EXACT same settings.

If I change the speed settings to insane values - print time is still 26min

EDIT: Another example

Calibartet CHt Nozzle with PETG vs stock nozzle ASA. 20 vs 8 mm3/s - guess what… the ASA with 8mm3/s is over 10min faster - and also here - same speed settings

You show settings which is not necessary, but you never show the diffs between the two PLA profiles.

First pic, last post, there are the filament settings of each PLA. Or tell me what you need. Maybe I misunderstand what you mean.

2 Likes

As advised once sliced look at all different viewing option : flow rate , speed, layer time etc… also check the cooling tab of your filaments settings (maybe you have checked slow down for better cooling on one)

EDIT :
You can also use the magical button to see the differences between two filaments :

4 Likes

Because of the distinct filament settings, as shown in the figures.
You will achieve identical print times if you change these values on generic PLA (or other filaments).
Furthermore, layer time became critical with a small print (as shown in your pictures).

2 Likes

I was asking for this with the two different PLA filaments selected.
When you show settings in your screen captures you are only showing the first tab for the profile.

The comparison will show every difference for all three profile types.

The settings that need to be compared are the max volumetric flow on the filament profile filament tab, and the different fan settings on the fan tab, especially the “slow printing down for better layer cooling”

2 Likes

The volumetric flow appears to be matched. I’m guessing the difference is in the “Cooling” tab of the filament settings.

Check these two settings, the first one is super important. It slows down the print to stop the printer from just piling on hot filament on top of hot filament super fast. Since your print is fairly small, I’m assuming that is the setting that is slowing it down.

Shame on me! It was the “Layer time” :man_facepalming:

thanks @just4memike , @julie777 and @JayZay

@cl33 it is easily missable, as large or multiple prints are unaffected.

4 Likes