Scarf joint seam

It seems there is a way to make it where seams can be hidden. With a new tatic. This video covers it.

It maybe worth adding to the slicer

11 Likes

I have been testing this for a few weeks and it is very cool… :grinning:

This looks great but looks like it’s only got plans to come to X1plus firmware.

No, it’s coming soon to OrcaSlicer, or you can have it today if you want to compile it yourself. X1+ not required. TeachingTech just learned about it from the X1+ team.

1 Like

I can’t wait for Orca to have this feature. I’ve always hated how ugly the seams are.

1 Like

It looks interesting , noticable seems have actually put me of a few prints and i was more interested in trying the random option (zits) and pruning, one issue appears to looks to be apparent with this kind of scarf seem and that would be nozzle clogging unless they make a nozzle that makes use of a slice across the nozzle at a certain angle, that would assist with extrusion flow for the angle, rather than having to rely soley on the machines z axis movement (jump) to the next layer, but well done to the team for coming up with a solution, to an ugly problem

It will be in Orca 2.0.0 plus some other new things… :grinning:

1 Like

Will it make it into Bambu studio then aswell do you think? I know it’s a fork anyway.

I do not expect scarf seams anytime soon for Studio, it already lacks many other OrcaSlicer features. I think Bambu is trying to keep Studio simple to avoid overwhelming new users.

You can use both.

2 Likes

I don’t think this would be too hard. Like it seems like you can have a simple check box to turn this on or off. And if you turn it on, then the normal text box to edit things. It should be under advance. But my point is it isn’t like you have to dial in the exact things if this is done right.

I also don’t expect it soon. But I mention it so it’s on their radar.

Yay for Scarf Joints!