Screws for AMS Hub

Hello,

just received my X1 Carbon, a second AMS and the AMS hub.
I am in the process of unboxing and preparing the printer. I checked the wiki to see how to install the two AMS and the hub. The wiki article says “Please remove the buffer from the back of the printer (if applicable) and install the AMS Hub”. Little problem here - the AMS hub is thicker than the buffer, so the screws are too short. There are no screws in the box of the hub.
How am I supposed to install the hub to the back to the printer?

Check the box again - I am pretty sure there were screws.

2 Likes

Well, yes there are but they must be for something else, they don’t fit either.
Anyways, thanks for your time. Guess I need to find a hardware store (quite a trip and venture here in Africa. Not sure they even have M2… :roll_eyes: )

Try them again - you may need to push them in a bit. I’d really be surprised if they included wrong screws.

1 Like

If you are like me, you didn’t lift the foam in the hub box. Under the hub is a bunch of stuff.

I am assuming at this point you e checked etc…

I will be in touch with bambu lab support, we won’t get any further here.
Thanks for your time again everybody.

Cheers!

i am facing a similar issue - the screws of the previous buffer are too short, the included AMS Hub screws are about 2mm too long, so the AMS hub can only be loosly attached. trying to create a support ticket but that is a PITA as it requires me to include a system log … hopefully getting any information from the support.

did your issue ever got resolved?

I would simply cut off/grind off the 2mm from the screws instead of having to go through support :slight_smile:

yeah something like that :wink:

currently using two m3-washers at the ams-hub outer side so i can get started using my 2 AMS units anyway. probably simply cutting the screws like you suggested :wink:

I used two m3-washers solving the problem the provided screws are to long to fit.