SD card woes

I have a new 128GB SD card that I’m trying to use in my Bambu. I’m having a few problems:

1. Can’t figure out a way to format it with my Mac. I was able to get it formatted by inserting it into the Bambu and using the built-in format, but that takes forever.

2. I can’t figure out how to set the cloud print option to default to storing all models on the SD card. I’d like that so I can go through all my previous prints more easily, to reprint things.

3. The printer showed the card as having > 70GB in use. I took it out of my printer, put it in my Mac to look at the filesystem, and found two problems:
    3a. Video consumed > 70GB. I deleted the recordings.
    3b. Putting the card back in my printer requires me to reformat it. Somehow the Mac touching the file system broke it for Bambu

I do hope Bambu can enhance their software over the next few releases to better support direct print from computer → printer without cloud, and to better manage the SD file system.

When I put the SD card into my PC, it has to have errors corrected every time. Then put a file on the SD card, back to the X1, back to the PC, and the SD card has to be fixed again. Something is very wrong about the way the X1 handles the SD card

lol that’s just Windows being Windows. Literally every time I’ve ever inserted an SD or TF card it says it needs repair, it never actually does though

2 Likes

I insert SD cards into the same PC all of the time, and then move it back to my Prusa printers, without any problem. The problem is with how the Bambu is processing the SD cards.

sorry I wouldn’t know about that because I’m not Prusa master-race. What I do know is that it does the same thing with my Elegoo, Creality, and Bambu printers, does it with my trail cams and digital cameras, and does it with my kids’ tablets and my phone… this isn’t a unique thing to Bambu and there is no actual issue with the card that needs to be, or even can be, repaired.

On one of the other recent SD card threads, it was suggested to format the SD card on the BambuLab X1 and not to format it on Windows.