Second AMS constantly locking up

I am having issues with my second AMS pulling too hard on the filaments while also not spinning to keep the roll moving. The rollers are properly seated and this keeps happening no matter which brand of filament is used (e.g., Bambu PLA tough, sparkle, or flashforge PLA). Any ideas on what might be causing this? I tried loading all the filaments in the first AMS and there were no issues.

I have the same issue with slot 3. I moved my filament to slot 4. That solve the “lock up” problem but now I have a new one - “failed to pull out the filament from the extruder”. Ugh!! This happens at the end of every print!!! I have to manually pull out the filament before I start any new print.

If anyone can provide some insight into why this is happening, and how to fix it, I would really appreciate it. After all, this is an expensive printer and I’d like it to work. I’ll sort of “cross-post” this problem on this forum since it is now different than the “lock-up” problem (which, by the way, I would also like to know how to fix).

Hey, what type of filament and spools you use. I had the same problem and yesterday i became my new 1st stage feeder from BambuLab. After switching it with the defect one, everything worked will.

BR

I am using “generic” PLA (Sunlu brand, (tolerance +/- 0.02mm)) on the provided Sunlu spool. I have another Sunlu spool (of PLA) that works well in slot 2.

I ending up taking apart the AMS and after putting it back together, the issue was somehow resolved and I’ve had no issues since. I have a suspicion that the feeder motor at the back had a loose wire connection since as I was taking it apart, I noticed it was only half-plugged in. Not saying this is the issue for everyone but everything else looked okay.

Yes, a wrote 2-3 weeks with the support.

• I checked the 1st feeder (disassemble + cleaning)
  • I changed it with another feeder (pos two and three)
  • I checked all connections
  • I disassembled and cleaned the 4-way-splitter

Nothing worked for me so they decided to send me a new one.
But maybe you want to check these things because they asked for it in my case.

BR

@csfelton , @Christian - I am not “super handy.” Can you point me to good instructions (especially a video) of how to assemble/disassemble so I don’t screw things up?

Sure,

General maintenance

1st stage feeder

filament - hub

1 Like