Sending Filament Settings to AMS from Studio

Is it possible to send my filament settings to the AMS from Studio? I use PCTG and Bambu Studio lacks any presettings for it. So I created my own profile and would like to use it.

Not necessary. All the AMS cares about is the filament type and color. After synchronizing with the AMS, change the preset in Prepare to be your custom one.

1 Like

It would be useful for the cloud or AMS to know your filament presets so that you can select them on the AMS.
This way when you sync with the AMS you don’t have to go through 4-16 filaments and set their colors and presets.

I would find this really useful. Because when you open a project it has the AMS colors and presets from when you made it.

If you sync, it will not get the right presets.
The other improvement is maybe to support dual color or tricolor in the color as you have to pick an approximation.

1 Like

Yes, except the AMS doesn’t know PCTG and thus I cannot select the filament type.

Just pick any filament type and then change the profile in Prepare. The AMS doesn’t know what the filament type is, it just wants to know if two or more spools are the same type and color.

1 Like

So stop syncing with the AMS. It is generally a bad idea.

Storing custom profiles in the AMS or at least name and checksum of custom profiles would be useful not for syncing with studio but for accurate automatic mapping of AMS slot to studio filament pallet entry when you send the print job. At the moment that mapping is based on only type and color.