Set brim color

At the moment the brim, it is unclear what color is chosen for the brim. Please allow it to be an option in multi colored prints.

Hello,

The color scheme - Filament will show you the colors and the first layer for the part will be the brim color.

The support brim color will be the support base filament selected.

Hope this helps you out :v:

Hmm. Not sure you are correct. The color scheme shows black then white and yet the white is printing first…which means the brim will too.

I now see the photo is a better explanation of your problem. You want the brim black for this part.

Do you have a link for the 3mf file ?

Are you using the current Bambu slicer version ?

On my Orca slicer 1.6.3 beta I can switch the filament order and change the brim color for multi.

FYI: If this part is PLA you don’t need a brim. I only use brims on ASA / ABS filaments to help with warping.

I have Brim set to Auto and in both Orca 1.61 and Bambu 1.6.2.4 they both suggest a brim.

It seems in Orca 1.61 you can’t change the order.

Hopefully this feature gets added in the future to Bambu.

The brim is turned on for the default setting in the process and Bambu uses the basic most common settings to handle many types of filaments; the slicer is set up to be easy to get started.

I never use brims for pla also if you look the gap is @ 0.1

Try Orca 1.6.2 or you have to sign in and go to the actions tab to get the beta versions.

OrcaSlicer V1.6.2

You should be able to switch the orders here but I don’t have the old version to test out.

order

I just realised what this is. These are the filament assignments for the AMS. Not the order of printing. The order seems to be decided by some algorithm and cant be changed. This is frustrating

1 Like

I think Studio’s (and Orca’s) Auto-brim setting is too eager to add a brim. The pictured print has a substantial area of contact with the plate. Unless the model is very tall and skinny, or uses a warp-prone material like ABS, a brim is unnecessary. After overriding Auto-brim about 85% of the time, I’ve made No-brim my default.

I agree with you. I need a brim in the above case because there are some areas that have an issue due to bed not being level (i think). Even though i run the bed level before the print i still have a problem sometimes. Anyway. Ignoring wether a brim should or shouldn’t be used or wether I have a diffrerent problem with the printer, I would love the Support/ raft base selector to Also effect the brim

I’m using BambuStudio V1.7.4.52 and still got this bug.
I’m performing a 4-color print. Somehow the slicer selects Filament 3 (red) as brim. I want it black, like the first layer.
Changing order seems not to work. :frowning:

Bambulab-bug2

When you say you vhanged the order aee you referring to changing the order that the filament is printed in or changing the object or or the order they are in the ams.

The second two make no difference. You need to change the order that the filament is printed in.

On the preview tab, under the plate options there is a “nut” icon. Click that. You will see the option change the first layer filament sequence.

Start with black as see if the brim changes too. It should