Settings for the LW-PLA on X1C

Well, you could use a Modifier block for the last couple layers. It would let you adjust the temp down a bit, or change flow rate. If you haven’t used it here’s a good YT vid:

EDIT: News flash - BL just announced a new version of Studio and it adds “Height Range Modifier allows users to apply specific settings to certain height ranges within a 3D object.” (3rd item in the post here):

Sounds like what you need! :wink:

Thanks, although it can help, for pointy thing (for example, cockpit tips, wingtips), even if I reduce the temperature at the last layers, it’ll still foam um a lot. And If temperature is low enough to now foam up, I’ll probably end up with underextrusion at these spot :confused: So it seems to me that I have to choose between underextrusions or over-extrusion, which is not nice anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Just thought there could be like a gcode modifyer to delete this stop or just send the tool head to make a movement before this stop! Thanks for the tips still, i’ll give it a go

1 Like

Btw, I used eSun LW-PLA with these profiles and part came quite nice first try. I think I can still improve reducing a bit the temperature and make the part come a bit cleaner, but it’s enough as a starting point!

OrcaSlicer has a G-Code window now, if you didn’t know it. Shows up on Preview page, you have slide the Bottom Scroll Bar to make it appear. Not sure if that’s a Bug or a Feature, LOL.

IDK the G-Code command, I’m years out of date on Marlin, I’ve been running a Duet modified CR-10S and haven’t had the need to go digging on the X1C.

Yo! @DzzD - you have any ideas on the G-Code that might help here?

Tips - YW!

There is already a lift up of the nozzle at end g-code :
G1 Z{max_layer_z + 0.5} F900 ; lower z a little

You cant put it at the first line, so it will be executed faster, also add more space
G1 Z{max_layer_z + 5} F900 ; lower z a little

Wow, that sounds exactly what I’d want! Do you put this in the first line of the filament end g-code or you have to manually add this to all gcode at the end of the printing process?

You can add it to printer end gcode so it will act at tha end of all your prints ? or I misunderstood ?

At the first line before the M400

2 Likes

Thx Buddy, figured you’d know! :slightly_smiling_face:

Wow, absolute master! Thank you very much!

First time here, trying to find out how to load these LW-PLA settings into my X1. Thanks

Morning, I am using eSun LW PLA with my X1 Carbon, inputted the settings shown to work by “Totorus” (thanks) and getting alot of stringing, globs and part not sticking. The first print seemed to run great, tried another part and disaster. Not sure if its wet material or? Thanks

Hi, there.

And sorry I didn’t see your question.
I haven’t tried it but I don’t think it’s much different.

Hi there.

I answered you by PM but I also put it here for the others.

Stringing is normal with this filament and you will always have stringing.
To limit it you have to:

• Print only one part at a time (Very important !).
  • No retraction or z-hop in the filament profile.
  • Avoid crossing walls when traveling. Check “Avoid crossing walls” and set a large value in “Avoid crossing walls - Max detour length” (I set 1000).

Depending on the shape of the part and its design, you won’t always be able to avoid traveling over empty spaces, and it’s always in these places that you’ll have the most stringing.

I always check the “travel” box in the preview window to see the movements of my print head. This allows me to fine-tune the “Avoid Crossing Walls” settings.

Look at the difference between slicing this part:

Avoid Crossing walls “OFF”

Avoid crossing walls “ON”

Printing takes an extra 11 minutes, but my part comes out impeccable.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi, there.

Copy the settings from the screenshots.
Import does not work.

You also need to check “Avoid crossing walls” I forgot it when I took the screenshot. Look below in the messages I’ve explained what this does.

This correct / thanks

hi sorry for disturbing you, im just wondering for your setup u start from generic PLA and after you modify from name and setting?
i try to download but i can not able to import

Hi, there.
The export is corrupted. Copy settings from screenshots.

just wondering how you managed to get the lw-pla to register in the ams as I can’ seem to add it,
Having to tell it it is abs

You can’t import user presets to work with the ams it is a function that has been requested already by many users. I am in the same boat. The only things you can do is adjust the settings of a premade filament that registers in the ams or use the spool holder on the back and feed it in negating your ams. I am annoyed by this as well, seems to be a simple thing to implement but hey they will do it hopefully soon.

Yeah… the AMS actually blocks you from printing, until you change the filament type back to PLA and save. Would be nice to be able to add to the dropdown in the AMS.

Speaking of AMS, anyone know how to swap A & B on the AMS? I tried swapping cables, it didn’t matter. I have multiple AMS on 2 of my X1’s and they are all in different spots relative to the printer. Very confusing at time. I want the A’s to always be on top of the printer and the B’s to always be on the side. I’d have to swap them physically now and all the ptfe tubes.