Settings for the LW-PLA on X1C

Hello to all.

I print a lot of RC planes in LW-PLA and I know that the settings are complicated to find to get correct parts out.

After many tests I managed to get very good quality parts (in all modesty :wink: ) with my X1C.

These settings have been tested with the LW-PLA from E-sun and 3Dlabprint.
Personally I prefer the 3Dlabprint one which is less expensive for the same output quality.

Happy printing !

10 Likes

Impressive job, thanks a lot!
Do I need to use Bambu Studio or Orca Slicer? Or it doesnā€™t matter?
And I assume it has to be loaded manually, no AMS, right?

Hi.

Personally I only use Bambu Studio and I donā€™t have AMS because I never do multi-material printing.

I print one part at a time to avoid the filament ā€œdroolingā€.

Iā€™ll look at Orca Slicer to see what it does but for me it shouldnā€™t be a problem as long as the basic profiles are in there since my profile imports are based on it.

1 Like

Hi.

I saw your info about profiles, so bought brand new roll esun LW-PLA, and do some attempts.

I imported both profiles, but show me just one in profiles.

Must switching off flow calibration, because with flow calibration itā€™s absolutely not possible to print something.

Everything generally printing, but is very flimsy.
I think, part is not usable for RC plane.

Do you have any test print, part to be compared? By weight or how strength is?
Test print based on Go1 Wolf, Eclipson Airplane.

Hi.

It seems that the export of the profiles is not complete.
I took screenshots of my settings.
Itā€™s less convenient but at least you have everything.

Filament settings

Process Settings

Process 1.1

The STL weighs about 4g after printing.

Give me one of your STL (preferably a small one :wink: ) and Iā€™ll test it.

5 Likes

Thanks, I will copy afternoon.

I understand, without flow calibration?

Iā€™m following this.

@Totorus using the Orca Slicer would give you the ability to set PA manually. This could help in fine-tuning the print speed. Also, thanks for sharing your settings!

Hi.

No you can run the flow calibration at launch.
Personally I use it at each print.

Hi.
Iā€™ll take a look at this fork.

No problem for the settings, sharing knowledge is the basis to evolve.

Hi Totorus.

Thanks for sharing your settings for ColorLabb LW-PLA :+1:t3: Iā€™m learning myself and trying to print a WACO RC plane from 3DLabPrint in that material, but have struggles with stringing and thin walls/small details every time I print with you settings.

Are you printing from a X1C with Bambu Labs software?

TEST File:

2 Likes

Hello Totorus,

Tnx a million for sharing these settings, gave me a big headstart. Bambu should really put out some LW-PLA settings out thereā€¦

When I print with your settings (eg the hurricane part you shared), the outer wall speed is limited to 15mm/s, even if I set it at 400mm/s. It seems to ignore this setting, the first layer speed is respected at 40mm/s though. Does anyone else has the same problem. I tried both on Bambu studio and Orca Slicer.

Hi.

The part you uploaded should be printed in PLA, not LW-PLA. Thatā€™s why you canā€™t get anything right.
I tried to print the same kind of parts for the Corsair engine from 3Dlabprint and in LW-PLA it is impossible.

Print it in PLA with 0.2mm thickness, 2 walls, 3 layers top and bottom with 70% ventilation and 100mm/s.

As for the slicer I use the Bambulab one.

1 Like

Here are the speeds it gives me with my example piece.

Are you sure you have reproduced my settings correctly?

I triple checked the settings, same as yours.
But it seems to vary a lot depending on the model. This small box (20x20x20mm) eg prints at 15mms on your settings.
So maybe a larger model like yours prints faster??

1 Like

Thatā€™s often belt tension. Have you done this:

Iā€™d suggest you go at least 12-14 full back and forth for each axis, and be sure to go full to each end. Donā€™t go so fast the Bambu Lab Logo on the front of the carriage starts lighting, thatā€™s too fast. :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I confess I donā€™t knowā€¦

I simply imported a profile from 3Dlabprint into superslicer, copied the settings and adapted them until I got the best possible result on the X1C.
I didnā€™t touch the speeds because in my experience you need to print hot and not too fast with LW-PLA.

2 Likes

I Had the same issue that the print is very slow. That comes from this setting

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.
Do you know if will it work with Lw HT?

Thanks

Yes! Thnx a million, that did it!

Does anyone know how I can reduce the time the nozzle is on top of the part when printing is finishing?

This was never a problem, but today printing LW-PLA (it foams up very fast), Iā€™m getting noticeable blobs, and would like to know if thereā€™s any easy way to avoid this.

Thanks