Simplify the ability to edit pre-painted objects

There are 2 types of multicolor files:

1. Firstly, the files where each color is a single “object”.
  2. On the other hand, files where the object is painted.

If you now open file 1 in Bambu Studio, it is very easy to change the colors - these can be assigned to the individual parts of the model.

With file 2 it is very difficult: the colors are specified in the color scheme and linked to the slot of the color scheme (e.g. 1-4) - if you now change a spool in the AMS and click on synchronize, the color also changes automatically. It is not possible to assign the colors individually here.

I would like to have an option - similar to file type 1 - that you can display the colors used as an “object” and change them accordingly.

Here is an example of each:
File 1:

Here you can load the file as a model of 7 objects.

File 2:

Here the file is painted and you can only change the colors via the AMS.

Greetings Kkuhni

Hello,

Just a message to say that i would be so nice to have this feature. It is indeed very difficult to change a prepainted model because you have to repaint everything by yourself OR change the spool mapping when sending the print job. The thing is that is very confusing when printing a lot of different colors, and I’ve failed some print because of that.

Thanks and have a nice day

This is a hot topic for me as well. As it stands with your second scenario, I have to reassign the colors right before sending the file to the printer. I can change the tie from the slicer color to whatever AMS slot I want. However, within the slicer all the colors are completely off unless I reorganize my AMS to have the same colors in the same slots as whoever painted the file. This limits my ability to add additional color and visualize the print.

Best solution I can think of is:
When you import a painted 3mf file, a pop-up appears showing the configured colors of the file and their AMS slots. From there, you could reassign each color to reflect your current AMS setup, etc. It would then import it with the correct AMS/Color mapping of your existing setup.

EX: A 3mf file has Black in slot 1 of AMS 1, but your black is in slot 4. From that pop-up you would be able to select AMS 1 Slot 4 for that color and so on.

My issue is that I want to use different types of filament so the slice profile wont work when its thinking I have PLA and switch to PETG or what have you