Slice, Print (nothing). Slice again, Print again now were good

I’ve had a new gremlin popping up during slicing.
I slice the gcode (100%) then I select print and it goes right back to needing to be sliced again? I select slice a second time (100%) then print, Now it goes through?
Thoughts?

Check your slicer settings to ensure that the slicing process is completing correctly. Make sure that the output file (code) is being generated successfully without any errors or interruptions. Ensure that the output file (gcode) is being saved to a location where your printer’s software can access it for printing. Sometimes, if the file is saved to a location that is not recognized by the printer software, it may appear as if the slicing process needs to be repeated.

I’m still learning a lot of this as I go. what do you mean to check that the G-Code is slicing correctly? What would I be looking for & where? I’m slicing with Orca.

When I mentioned checking that the G-Code is slicing correctly, I meant verifying that the slicing process is completing without any errors and generating the expected output file (G-Code) successfully. After you initiate the slicing process in Orca or any other slicer software, keep an eye out for any error messages or warnings that may appear during the slicing process. Error messages could indicate issues with your model, slicer settings, or software configuration that need to be addressed. Take a closer look at the settings you’ve configured in your slicer software. Make sure that all settings are appropriate for your printer and the type of print you’re attempting. Pay attention to parameters such as layer height, print speed, infill density, and support settings, as these can significantly impact the quality of the print and the behavior of the slicing process. Once the slicing process is complete, locate the generated G-Code file and open it in a text editor or G-Code viewer. Check that the G-Code file contains the expected commands and instructions for your printer to follow during the print job. Look for any anomalies or errors in the G-Code that may indicate issues with the slicing process.

Thank you so much for the break down. I will look in all those issues

1 Like